PDA

View Full Version : Dan Beimborn's Weins F5 - a wee tune on it.

kmmando
Jul-11-2014, 7:18am
I found this wee clip recently, filmed a while back in London, when visiting my very good friend Dan Beimborn, soon after he had received the fabulous Weins F5 here. I wrote the tune for Miriam, the daughter of my artist cousin Will Maclean.

The Weins was quite superb, and very easy to play, and a gorgeous sound.

https://vimeo.com/100417649

usqebach
Jul-11-2014, 7:32am
Great playing, Kevin! Have you recorded a sequel to "Springwell?" I very much enjoy that CD.

And a great sounding mando, to boot.

Dan, ya still got that Wiens? Has the sound "matured" since you got it? (not that it needed anything)

Skip Kelley
Jul-11-2014, 9:58am
Kevin, nice picking! I like that tune!

kmmando
Jul-11-2014, 3:56pm
Thanks, I changed the tune a wee bit when I recorded it later. I have actually recorded 3 more solo cds, "Polbain to Oranmore" with Alec Finn, "Dorney Rock", and just about to release a new one "Highland Strands" in a few weeks time. This wee tune is on "Braes of Badentarbat". They are on iTunes and I have copies.

The mandolin was really special, and I hope Dan is getting much pleasure from a genuine Loar tribute F5.

Great playing, Kevin! Have you recorded a sequel to "Springwell?" I very much enjoy that CD.

And a great sounding mando, to boot.

Dan, ya still got that Wiens? Has the sound "matured" since you got it? (not that it needed anything)

danb
Jul-12-2014, 11:30am

Yes, it's not going anywhere. I play it every day. It started out pretty amazing- that was still a few months old when Kevin played it.. but a little more bass from either my familiarity of where to pick to get it, or the fabled "opening up" phenomena