PDA

View Full Version : Mandolin Symposium 2014

johnbaxter
Jun-28-2014, 7:39pm
Here's videos of the student concert from the Mandolin Symposium 2014.

Mandolin Symposium 2014 (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8fLYFYNX3twWEXwwjJDkzq5g5GBspIz3)

Clement Barrera-Ng
Jun-28-2014, 11:13pm
That was fast. Thanks for getting then up so quickly. I had a great time as a first time attendee, and hope to return again next year.

Al Bergstein
Jun-29-2014, 12:05am
I crossed posted my thoughts over on the Choro and Jazz forum. Thanks for the videos!

johnbaxter
Jun-29-2014, 12:31am
Thanks Al. I updated my YouTube post with the info you provided.

Marcus CA
Jun-29-2014, 1:27pm
Thanks for posting videos again this year, John! I wasn't able to attend this year, but it looks like it was as fun as ever.

Eddie Sheehy
Jun-29-2014, 3:30pm
Ain't Rich Del Grosso sumthin' ...

Eddie Sheehy
Jun-30-2014, 1:54pm
The full Orchestra is truncated. Anyone got the full performance?

Eddie Sheehy
Jun-30-2014, 2:33pm
Went up North to Santa Cruz
To see Rich Del Grosso playin' the Blues
Sounds so Sweeeet
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Aaaaaaaaaaaah
He's hard to beat
That Mandolin Bluesman Rocked me off my feet...

johnbaxter
Jun-30-2014, 8:25pm
Eddie Sheehy - I'm embarrassed to admit my battery died before the performance ended. The same thing happened last year. I apologize. Next year I will have a spare battery.

Eddie Sheehy
Jun-30-2014, 9:18pm
Eddie Sheehy - I'm embarrassed to admit my battery died before the performance ended. The same thing happened last year. I apologize. Next year I will have a spare battery.

No problem, john. Thanks for capturing what you did. Who knew Emory would hog a double-spot... Interesting the other instructors stepped back and let the students play..

stevedenver
Jul-02-2014, 5:52pm
john thanks so much for posting the link
I am envious

it is fascinating to watch all the ensembles and very interesting to see
the jazz ensemble in particular is sweet sounding and really has a unique big band feel and sound

simply a superb arrangement!

it makes me wonder what turn of the century mando orchestras were like, but I can understand the craze if this was how they sounded

quite revealing too, projection wise, between the flat top mandos versus the Fs on breaks