PDA

View Full Version : Musician's Workshop CD's

RB250
Jun-22-2014, 8:38am
Any opinions on the bluegrass mandolin series CD's they sell. Also any opinions on the Bluegrass Harmony Singing series of CD's. Thanks

Scott L
Jun-24-2014, 11:44am
When I first got interested in learning fiddle and bluegrass tunes on guitar, I started with Dan Huckabee's books from Musician's Workshop. I think they great and I learned a lot of tunes from them. I recently purchased a couple of the mandolin bluegrass and fiddle tunes books and I think they good as well. Nothing fancy, but a good way to learn tunes. His CDs have all of the tunes broken down with both slow and faster versions, and the books include good information on major scales, bluegrass scales and licks, and other helpful info. Go for it.

Scott

wsugai
Jun-24-2014, 12:51pm
I really like Musician's Workshop instructional material (Dan Huckabee and others). They are designed and executed to actually teach you to play stuff, unlike a lot of other instructional media that are really thinly-veiled performances. I especially like that MW sells individual downloadable selections for cheap. Great stuff.