PDA

View Full Version : Emando equipment

Michael Weaver
Jun-12-2014, 9:28pm
Seeing the current electric mandolin thread made me drag my stuff out and knock the dust off of it. I don't drag this stuff out near as often as I should. It's so much easier to just open the case next to the couch and play. Every once in a while it's nice to drag the equipment out and shake the drywall loose in the house.

I keep all of my electronics packed away in a pelican case and keep my amp covered. So I'm usually too lazy to plug it all in. Here is a pic of my setup. Post a pic of your "I'm rebelling against my parents" setup.

Marty Jacobson
Jun-12-2014, 9:38pm
Sweet, now play us some tone wheel mando-organ....

Michael Weaver
Jun-12-2014, 9:58pm
Haha! It's funny you say that because my daughter is sitting in front of me (she plays piano) and she just said "that organ sounds horrible and scary." Such an encouraging child. I think I will cancel her piano lessons now.

Nevin
Jun-12-2014, 10:32pm
Love the setup.

Dave Greenspoon
Jun-12-2014, 11:16pm
Here's the basic set up. While 65w is a bit excessive for the house, it does a nice enough job in a medium size room. I've avoided Pedal Acquisition Syndrome so far, in favor of Spousal Approval Condition. Some judicious use of the overdrive, reverb etc. are more than enough for now.

I also run my Rigel through a Fishman G-II into the clean channel. While the pre-amp isn't totally necessary on this amp (unlike some others I experienced!), it is still a plus.

lenf12
Jun-13-2014, 7:54am
Here's my red collection with my Fender Super Champ X2 (only 15 watts but it still gets quite loud).

Len B.
Clearwater, FL

Michael Weaver
Jun-13-2014, 8:32am
Nice stuff guys! I agree with the 15 watt comment. Mine is 15 watts and has groove tubes and a 12" Eminence Cannibas Rex speaker. Oddly the speaker is made out of hemp. It will loosen your eyeballs if you get a little heavy handed.