PDA

View Full Version : Was winding down but now fired up.

Keith Newell
Jun-08-2014, 5:22pm
I was thinking of selling all my equipment and CNC router. Was burned out and working to many hours and stuff piles up. Changed my mind, stuff piling up can be cured by cash so sold my latest F style in one hour on classifieds. I'm thinking I charging too little :( My friend Ken called me and has something....funny how stuff happens, feeling low and friends pop out of the woodwork, life is grand ain't it?
Keith

lflngpicker
Jun-08-2014, 5:30pm
I see what you mean, Keith. It is easy to second guess a sale. I know I have sold things lower than I would have liked several times on Ebay. Friends can really cheer us up and remind us of the good fortunes we might have in other ways. Your post reminded me what a blessing it is that I can wonder what new mandolin I want to buy for a finite figure, such as in my case, $550, while others are just hoping for food and shelter. This music stuff is a great bonus and brings joy to lives. Thanks for reminding us.

Jeff Mando
Jun-09-2014, 2:01pm
Well put, guys! Your health is your wealth.

Rodney Riley
Jun-09-2014, 2:29pm
Kieth, hope we see some pics soon in the "Mandolins in progress" thread. :) Fire up that CNC machine.

MikeEdgerton
Jun-09-2014, 2:48pm
A friend of mine several years ago stopped taking orders and simply started selling what he built. That way there was no pressure to finish anything he didn't want to finish. He was working at his own pace. This works as long as this isn't your primary source of income.