PDA

View Full Version : Wild Montana Skies

Jordan S.
May-27-2014, 7:55pm
I'm usually a day late and a dollar short when it comes to posting new content here, but I couldn't find this anywhere else on the Cafe.

If there's already a thread on this video, please disregard. But if there isn't, you should definitely watch this. Special Consensus with Claire Lynch singing John Denver's "Wild Montana Skies".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VZLyqc8f5Y

Paul South
May-27-2014, 8:22pm
When I was a teenager I spent a lot of summers in Lakewood, Co. It was almost, by the people I met, that the only music allowed in Colorado was John Denver's. I grew to be a fan of his and loved his music.

We would go camping up at Rocky Mountain National Park, and as the smoke from the campfires filled the air, so did John Denver's songs. It was like almost every campsite had one of John's song playing.

This video is a great tribute to John Denver. I think they did a great job and I'm going to see if they have any cds available.

Paul South
May-27-2014, 9:20pm
Thanks for posting this Jordan, that will be a great cd to have. Country Boy – A Bluegrass Tribute To John Denver.

I'm pretty new to mandolin, since Jan., so I've never heard of Special Consensus before. They are even gonna have concert in Illinois where my cousin lives. Would be cool if I could make it there, far out :-)

Jordan S.
May-27-2014, 9:25pm
I have the CD, and it's excellent. Lots of special guests and great pickers! Enjoy!