PDA

View Full Version : The coolest ipad apps you found is ?

Iron
May-27-2014, 1:31pm
Check overdub pretty nice I use the apple ipad version free , not sure about the Android version.
Best

Boge Quinn
May-27-2014, 9:04pm
Thanks, I will try that one!

multidon
May-27-2014, 9:07pm
I am just getting stranded with it but it seems to me ForScore is going to be da bomb for organizing my sheet music. A bargain at $6.99 in my opinion.

robert.najlis
May-27-2014, 9:10pm
iReal Pro
it is kind of like Band in a Box.
you can set the background music.
There are a ton of tunes you can load in for free, and you can easily add your own.

Ron McMillan
May-27-2014, 9:39pm
The Amazing Slow Downer (http://ronimusic.com/) is, well, amazing. Slow any music file down as much as you want until you get even the most impossibly-fast licks polished. There is a free version available, but the software is so reasonably priced that it's hardly worth saving the few dollars. You can even change the key if you want to re-learn a song in a different key. Wonderful product.

bigskygirl
May-27-2014, 10:30pm
+1 on iRealPro and amazing slow downer. Another one I like is Music Journal.

Clef
May-27-2014, 11:42pm
No ipad here, but a long time user of an iphone.

iRealPro is fantastic. The updates since it was called iReal B are really good. It is by far the most expensive iphone app that I purchased, but it was worth every penny spent. I use a bluetooth speaker to get enough volume to so I can jam along with the backing tracks.

iReadMusic is a great app to learn standard notation for mandolin, or other instruments. I used to use this app everyday, but now that I can read standard notation I don't use it anymore.

TubeBox is a great free app, but it was removed from the app store after one day. I was lucky and I got it before it was removed. This app let you download youtube videos. I use it to grab music videos to listen to in the car.

Cleartune is a great tuner. I only use this app when I go to a music store and need to tune mandolins and guitars that I want to try.

MandolinCafe app needs a major update, but it has chord charts so it's a great free download.

mandomurph
May-28-2014, 12:27am
I like unReal Book for organizing my music. Lots of features which allow written notes, highlights, gig lists, recording, sharing, etc. Check it out. NFI.

dhbailey
May-29-2014, 4:57am
I use forScore for organizing my sheet music -- I've got thousands of files. I'm a classical musician as well as jazz and I teach a band class and I've got over 500 full orchestra scores plus the full trumpet parts for those orchestral works, countless jazz and pop/rock fake books, and tons of mandolin and fiddle books. I can't begin to speak highly enough about what a great program forScore is -- I use the "Genre" entry for each new musical work/book/song I load onto my iPad (mostly using DropBox to get them from my computer to the iPad) so that it's easy to find whatever sort of music I'm looking for at any given point in time. Every new music book I buy these days is either already in PDF format (I love what MelBay is offering by way of ebook versions of their printed books!) or I scan it and put it into PDF format so I can carry my entire library with me when I travel.

carleshicks
May-29-2014, 5:31am
iLift. it is a slowdowner app. and also Pano tuner, the best tuner I have ever used and it is free.

jaycat
May-29-2014, 7:38am

montana
May-29-2014, 11:25am
Ipad app for BIAB if you have the software this makes it portable

Pete Martin
May-29-2014, 11:44am
My fav is the Peterson Strobe Tunes app.

bohemianbiker
May-29-2014, 12:08pm
What a great thread. I recently ordered my 1st iPad (should be getting it tomorrow night), so will be trying out some of the suggestions in this thread! bb

Iron
May-29-2014, 2:40pm
Check out HD Trainer

Shrtbull
May-29-2014, 10:29pm
I've been using, "Anytune Pro". It's a lot like amazing slow downer. I have that on my desktop.

Iron
May-30-2014, 6:40am
Another one I like. Anytune

bohemianbiker
Aug-06-2014, 2:18pm
Am going to have to check out forScore, as I have a lot of sheet music I'd like to put on my iPad. Sounds like the first step will be getting it onto my laptop.

Are there any apps, that would let you transpose from bass to treble clef, and then print out the results? Thanks. bb

Pete Braccio
Aug-06-2014, 10:14pm
I like Capo (slow downer and song analysis), Tunepal (Irish Trad tune lookup), Tunebook (ABC formatted tune reader), TEFView (TEF formatted tune reader), Goodreader (for PDFs), PitchLAb & RTTATuner (multi-tone tuners), and UltraTuner (regular type tuner).

And more. ;)

johnbaxter
Aug-06-2014, 11:27pm
I use DeepDish GigBook for all my PDF music files and songbooks. I really like the feature where you can extract a page or more from a songbook and not have to flip throught the book to find a song you want to play.

I have a Music App page on Mandotunes covering many categories for musicians:

Mobile Music Apps (http://www.mandotunes.com/media/musicapps/)

JeffD
Aug-06-2014, 11:32pm
The coolest ipad apps I found are -

not nearly as cool as learning to play Quince Dillion's High D in time for the jam tonight.

bratsche
Aug-07-2014, 1:35am
I don't have an ipad (or any touchscreen device) and hope I never will. I was the one who thought that technology would surely never catch on - and boy, was I ever wrong! - but I'm still as grossed out by the idea of getting my fingerprints all over electronic screens as I was before.

I am a die-hard button or key presser! :)) (Oh well, call me different.. won't be the first or last time!)

bratsche

Cue Zephyr
Aug-08-2014, 4:08pm
I've been using, "Anytune Pro". It's a lot like amazing slow downer. I have that on my desktop.

I use the free one and that's epically good as well.

I also use GarageBand on the iPad or iPhone to record scratch tracks for stuff, or to use it a s a loop station (which it does remarkably well).

Cal
Dec-14-2014, 5:58pm
<membership privileges for this account have been permanently removed.>