PDA

View Full Version : New Mandolin and Thank You to Mandolin Cafe

CTStrummer
May-23-2014, 8:59pm
Yesterday, I received my new Kentucky KM 150 mandolin from Elderly Instruments. I had been considering a mandolin purchase for the past year. My budget was set for a mandolin costing around $200. I had tried various mandolins from Rogue, Ibanez, Epiphone, Washburn, Fender, and Gretsch at Guitar Center and Sam Ash. None of those mandolins felt quite worth purchasing. Recently, I discovered Mandolin Café. I researched the forums for "Best Starter Mandolin" type threads. The Kentucky KM 150 kept popping up as a recommended model. I also kept reading that the website sponsors were good choices when purchasing a mandolin. I chose Elderly Instruments based on their 10% discounted price and their reputation. After a lengthy wait for Elderly to restock their supply of Kentucky mandolins, I placed my order and three days later had my KM 150. I have never tried a Kentucky mandolin before and am very happy with mine. It feels so much better than the previous makes of mandolins that I tried at Guitar Center and Sam Ash. So, thank you to everyone here who took the time to ask/answer questions about "starter" mandolins. Here's what you helped me decide to get:

roysboy
May-24-2014, 2:47am
Congrats . You won't be disappointed in your choice . I have the km150 myself and couldn't be happier .

Darren Bailey
May-24-2014, 5:21am
I think they're a terrific mandolin for the money - hope it brings you plenty of satisfaction.

Zissou Intern
May-24-2014, 7:44am
Great choice. I am a big fan or Kentucky mandolins. I own two. I like that sunburst.

Iron
May-24-2014, 9:16am
Very nice

Randi Gormley
May-24-2014, 1:24pm
Very nice -- welcome to the obsession and welcome to the café!

JeffD
May-24-2014, 1:34pm
You are in for a whole lot of fun.