PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Bluegrass Weekend

OlderThanWillie
Feb-28-2004, 5:42pm
Bluegrass & old-time music will be featured at the Radisson Hotel in Plymouth, MN, a Minneapolis suburb, this coming weekend, March 5-7. Jamming happens -- all day and night. Musical shows & dances run from 7 PM Friday to 5 PM Sunday -- all for the price of admission ($8/day).

A separately-priced concert is presented Saturday night. This year from Nashville is the Larry Stephenson band.

The Dance Parlour will feature old-time, contra, square, Cajun, waltz, & Scandinavian dances.

Gibson Original Acoustic Instruments will be displaying their products and have donated a Gibson Original RB Banjo to be raffled off.

If you're a Bluegrass or Old-Time music fan, this festival will be the place to be Mar 5 - 7.

jessboo
Feb-29-2004, 12:30am
Olderthen, what exit is that on 465? And is ther going to be a gathering of cafe members at some time? http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

jessboo
Feb-29-2004, 12:34am
sorry thats I 494 not 465

OlderThanWillie
Feb-29-2004, 4:47pm
You should be on I494 on the west side of Minneapolis. Take the exit for Highway 55 and proceed east. The first stoplight is just a few feet from the exit -- take a left (north) and within 1/2 mile you'll see the Radisson.

I don't know of any scheduled meeting of Cafe members, but Mandolin players seem to hang out near the LaPlant or Brentrup tables in the sales room.