PDA

View Full Version : Flatiron 1N - 1988

jaxtraw
May-05-2014, 7:28pm
Picked this up in a trade for a dulcimer (McSpadden) on kijiji. Gave it a clean, nice new light strings and nudged the back bridge a wee bit and wow! I love it.

Nice to play and sounds really good. I can't seem to put it down.

Matt

Franc Homier Lieu
May-05-2014, 7:47pm
Very nice. If you ever do put it down (and I'm not saying you should), check out the 41-page-1008-post thread I bumped a half hour before you posted:

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?3496-Compulsive-purchase-Flatiron-1N&p=1285258#post1285258

CES
May-05-2014, 7:59pm
Congratulations! I really like mine as well. They're exceptional mandolins, and everyone I hand mine to to try is amazed at how loud it is without being harsh sounding.

You probably already know this, but they typically put the recommended string gauges inside on the neck block. They're basically the gauges in the J62 set if the sticker is missing. I only mention it because I consider j74s light, 75s medium (even though that's not really an accurate characterization), and 74s would be too heavy to use on one of those long term.

Apologize if you're already aware, but I was surprised at how light the recommended gauges really are...Enjoy!

fatt-dad
May-05-2014, 8:06pm
big fan!

Great find!

Enjoy!

f-d