Adam Sweet
Apr-14-2014, 3:31pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skzx_DLHT2Q

Mike Bunting
Apr-14-2014, 5:55pm
Better get that set up quick.

Barry Wilson
Apr-14-2014, 6:05pm
I had one of these in the watch list but never pulled the trigger. one without all the "inlay" stuff. it was blue and black. hard to tell the sound with that recording as it kind of distorted. what do you think of the sound and playability overall?

Adam Sweet
Apr-15-2014, 8:37am
The playability is what astounded me initially. The neck is substantially smaller than 'cellos I've played before, and certainly Irish bouzoukis and octave mandolins...it's quite playable.

The sound is not great, but I suspect that's mostly due to the fact that it needs a setup, badly, and better strings.

If the cellist that is using this in the mandolin orchestra likes it, though, I'll buy a few more for the group. I think it's great to have a playable instrument at this low price

Bernie Daniel
Apr-17-2014, 8:16am
The playability is what astounded me initially. The neck is substantially smaller than 'cellos I've played before, and certainly Irish bouzoukis and octave mandolins...it's quite playable.

The sound is not great, but I suspect that's mostly due to the fact that it needs a setup, badly, and better strings.

If the cellist that is using this in the mandolin orchestra likes it, though, I'll buy a few more for the group. I think it's great to have a playable instrument at this low price

Adam are you recording with a Logitech webcam? If so uncheck the "right sound" box in the future. With the box check I think it the webcam is trying to interpret the sound of your mandocello as a human voice! :) Makes a big difference!