PDA

View Full Version : Guitar brand question

kkmm
Mar-20-2014, 7:45pm
I have an acoustic guitar with the brand "Arbor by Washburn" , shown like this on the head stock (and also on the label seen thru the sound hole). The model is AW6S.
The word "Arbor" is large , while "by Washburn" is much smaller.
I search the Web for this particular brand and could not find anything about Arbor guitar.
I appreciate any information about this guitar.
Thanks

Nevin
Mar-20-2014, 8:15pm
Washburn has a number of product lines. Arbor is one. I have never played one but I believe they are budget to mid level import instruments. I quick Google search showed at least some to be made in Korea. How do you like it?

kkmm
Mar-20-2014, 8:54pm
It is in pristine condition, very nice looking and sound really warm, comparable to my Seagull Rustic (500$) acoustic / electric.
The action is also perfect for me, easy on my fingers. On top of that, the intonation is perfect on all 6 strings (as shown my the chromatic tuner). This is pretty rare. Most low end to mid level guitars I tried are sharp at fret#12 !!! Not this one.
I have to strum it a lot more to bring out its best. Yes, it is made in Korea. The friend who sold it to me said he had it for 15 years, he now buy a Martin. He is a guitar lover as he kept it such that it looks as brand new, no ding no scratch I could find. Most likely, he play another guitar and keep this one in its hard case, rarely play it. Now, when I play it, I have to take the same care not to bump it against anything.

Nevin
Mar-21-2014, 8:17am
I for one think that there are many good guitars that have been made in Korea. I hope I did not come across as being a brand or made in USA snob.