PDA

View Full Version : Well with one solid year of mandolin under my belt

Iron
Mar-20-2014, 5:52pm
I started a MAS Fund, I'm gonna save until I can afford me a really nice F style cannon

OldSausage
Mar-20-2014, 8:25pm

Ben Cooper
Mar-20-2014, 8:33pm
Congratulations on a year at it! I am close to that myself!

Bill Baldridge
Mar-20-2014, 9:21pm
I'm buying all of this up to the "until I can afford" part.

roysboy
Mar-21-2014, 12:55pm
I started a MAS Fund, I'm gonna save until I can afford me a really nice F style cannon

You've fought off MAS for ONE YEAR ?? Don't slip now . Your cake's in the mail .

JeffD
Mar-21-2014, 1:04pm
That's how I do it. I call it coffee can economics. I establish a separate account, under my regular checking account, for each household item, groceries, car maintenance, home maintenance, vacation, etc., a separate coffee can for each. And one for MAS.

Every time I see something that really looks interesting, I toss some cash in the coffee can.

The main thing is that it gives me something positive I can do while in the throws of desire.

Cecily_Mandoliner
Mar-21-2014, 1:07pm
Wow, what fortitude! I had to buy more within 4 months! and, I keep adding gear, and other wonderful music makers.
I am considering what my next mandolin will be, but I'm going to hold off - really, I will - for a while.
;)

Jim_G
Mar-21-2014, 1:07pm

Looks more like an A style Cannon to me. Or maybe a bowl back.

jaycat
Mar-21-2014, 1:27pm

Won't the scroll get in the way of the fuse?

brent1308
Mar-21-2014, 2:04pm
Looks more like an A style Cannon to me. Or maybe a bowl back.

...but definitely bluegrass. I didn't know he was from Kentucky. Good one.

9lbShellhamer
Mar-21-2014, 5:47pm
Love the fund! I felt NO guilt buying my new mandolin in December because it was from said fund. I guess its time to start another! I'm getting scroll envy.

Iron
Mar-21-2014, 6:18pm
Well I'm having fun shopping while my MAS account is growing and I have that Weber Bighorn so no hurry, I'm gonna buy used in the classifieds