PDA

View Full Version : Meet my mando family

Ken Olmstead
Mar-16-2014, 4:18pm
I have always wanted a collection of mandolin family instruments and with a ridiculous amount of gear selling, swapping and obsession on my part over the last few months, I have succeeded! They are all imports and required varying degrees of setup work. However, they all sound and play excellent and will sound much better as I learn to play them!:mandosmiley:;)

Mandolin - 2012 Kentucky KM1050
Mandola - 2012 Eastman MDA 815
Mandocello - 2012 Eastman MDC 805

Zissou Intern
Mar-17-2014, 7:15pm
Nice trio of bursts there, Ken.

JeffD
Mar-17-2014, 10:53pm
Well done. Looks like they belong together.

Ken Olmstead
Mar-18-2014, 9:49am

Thanks you sir!

Well done. Looks like they belong together.

Thanks Jeff! I love how they look together. However, they sound great together too. I am going to record a couple christmas tunes using the trio. Should be a fun project!

I am done buying for a bit now. I have been nuts acquiring all 3 in 3 months, but now I will play the frets off!!

padawan
Mar-21-2014, 12:41pm
Well done!
What you've got there is a mandolin family fun pack. I'm jealous.

Be sure to post up a link once you've completed your recordings. I'm very interested in hearing them in concert (both meanings).

Ken Olmstead
Mar-22-2014, 11:46am

Well done!
What you've got there is a mandolin family fun pack. I'm jealous.

Be sure to post up a link once you've completed your recordings. I'm very interested in hearing them in concert (both meanings).

Thanks! Of course I will post the tracks when I get them done!

Having a hard time deciding which one to pick up when I have time to play! Its a wonderful problem to have! :)