PDA

View Full Version : Davey Davey?

fatt-dad
Mar-04-2005, 1:16pm
Dear Old-Time Message Board,

I was playing with a few folks and there was this real interesting tune that I thought they called, "Davey Davey". Well, I searched, googled and otherwise looked for the music/tab to no avail.

Comments?

fatt-dad

Gary S
Mar-05-2005, 7:32am
Try looking on one of the volumes of "Echoes of the Ozarks".
on County Records. I think you may find it there...Gary S.

generankin
Mar-08-2005, 5:36pm

I was playing with a few folks and there was this real interesting tune that I thought they called, "Davey Davey". #Well, I searched, googled and otherwise looked for the music/tab to no avail.

Comments?

fatt-dad
Also played by the New Lost City Ramblers on one of their Folkways albums, but I'm damned if I can recall which one.

generankin
Mar-09-2005, 12:29pm

I was playing with a few folks and there was this real interesting tune that I thought they called, "Davey Davey". #Well, I searched, googled and otherwise looked for the music/tab to no avail.

Comments?

fatt-dad
Also played by the New Lost City Ramblers on one of their Folkways albums, but I'm damned if I can recall which one.

I looked on the vinyl @ home, and there it was: #Folkways FW02396 1958. #Can get it from Smithsonian as a custom cassette or CD <http://www.folkways.si.edu/index.html>. #I just looked at their on-line catalog, and managed to spend about $270 in minutes. #Well, I restrained myself, but I did make me up a list for Father's Day, birthday, and Christmas (that vinyl won't last forever, and ###### CD sound's better than nothing). (Hmmm ... got edited, I guess.)

-Gene Rankin