Michael Bridges
Feb-28-2014, 5:22pm
Looks good, BigBri! What model ya got?

Bill Baldridge
Feb-28-2014, 9:46pm
Enjoy!

BigBri
Mar-01-2014, 9:29am
Thanks everyone, it has really been a pleasure to play so far!

(I did need to adjust the nut for the G strings to sit a bit deeper, but other than that it arrived ready to go)

Michael... it's an M118SW

Michael Bridges
Mar-01-2014, 10:35am
Thought that's what it was. That's the same mando as my MM MDM-2 (same factory and everything. Only difference, I think is the binding), and I like it a lot. Enjoy! Down the road, ya might consider getting a Cumberland Acoustic bridge. It really opened up the tone on mine.
Thanks everyone, it has really been a pleasure to play so far!

(I did need to adjust the nut for the G strings to sit a bit deeper, but other than that it arrived ready to go)

Michael... it's an M118SW

GreenMTBoy
Mar-01-2014, 10:49am
Good luck with your new mandolin .I did a google search to get a better look at one,very nice looking mandolin.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/M118SW/

Ken Olmstead
Mar-01-2014, 1:11pm
Nice, enjoy!!!

BigBri
Mar-02-2014, 12:05pm
Michael - you're right, our mandos do look the same... makes me feel like I made a good choice! I've been researching the Cumberland bridge since you mentioned it.

GreenMTBoy - thanks for the compliments! I actually did get this mando thru Sweetwater.

Michael Bridges
Mar-02-2014, 12:30pm
Here's a link to a review I wrote on it. Like I said, enjoy it now! I think they're a good player. Just something to consider.
http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?102926-Cumberland-Acoustic-Bridge

GreenMTBoy
Mar-02-2014, 12:36pm
It really is a sweet looking Mandolin !
I had Steve at Cumberland Acoustic install a new bridge on my loar 700 .
It is a very nicely made ebony bridge and it works

Michael Bridges
Mar-02-2014, 12:57pm
I just tend to like the "Distressed" look over more blinged-out finishes. Wish you could get this with a black or tortoise binding. That would look really sharp for me!

Ron Cox
Mar-02-2014, 4:58pm
I have been very impressed with Washburn's finish and tone. I received a Washburn a few years back as a gift. It wasn't what I was looking for at the time, but she has really grown on me quite a bit. I love the distressed look and that yours has. I think I'm feeling that Mandolin envy coming on ;) .

I hope you have many hours, days, months, years of enjoyment with it!

Michael Bridges
Mar-02-2014, 5:37pm
Not tryin' to hijack your thread, BigBri! Just showing my MM. They really are the same mando.The more I play it, the better I like it.