PDA

View Full Version : Searching for info on Electric Mando

MinorSeventhMan
Mar-03-2005, 11:21am
Hi,

Just for fun, I would love to play around with an electric mandolin. I am looking for one that looks rocky! Like an electric guitar, solid-body, etc.. I just want it as a toy so I don't want to spend gobs of money on it. I was thinking < $400. Any suggestions, for a fun, cheap little mandolin that looks like a metal guitar?

Thanks,
MinorSeventhMan

nobleheart
Mar-03-2005, 12:26pm
Bluestar mandoblaster would probably be the best for the money...but a mandobird would be easier on the wallet. Both could be found at elderly instruments.

MinorSeventhMan
Mar-03-2005, 12:49pm
Bluestar mandoblaster would probably be the best for the money...but a mandobird would be easier on the wallet. Both could be found at elderly instruments.
Thanks, I just ordered the mandobird, that fits the bill just nicely. Looks kind of rocky, and is cheap. Just a toy for me, my real passion is my A-Style Micheal Kelley mandalin. Love it!

Thanks again!

Lee
Mar-03-2005, 1:38pm
You're certainly not indecisive. What color?

MinorSeventhMan
Mar-03-2005, 2:01pm
You're certainly not indecisive. What color?
Yeah, thanks! Sometimes my motto is "Just go for it!". There where two, a dark brown, and a sea foam green. I got the seafoam green, because it looked like 80's rock and the dark one looked more country. I wanted that rocky feel.

jefflester
Mar-03-2005, 5:30pm
Just like that! And Lt. Sam had to wait 6 months for his green one (see other thread).

And is it true, the Mandobird VIII has landed? Elderly has pics and it doesn't say "expected arrival date ...".

Mandobird VIII (http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/EMTB8.htm)

MinorSeventhMan
Mar-03-2005, 5:34pm
Just like that! And Lt. Sam had to wait 6 months for his green one (see other thread).

And is it true, the Mandobird VIII has landed? Elderly has pics and it doesn't say "expected arrival date ...".

Mandobird VIII (http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/EMTB8.htm)
Ok, now I am nervous! I hope I am not waiting six months, I want it next week! Maybe I was too hasty!

MinorSeventhMan

jefflester
Mar-03-2005, 5:37pm
Ok, now I am nervous! I hope I am not waiting six months, I want it next week! Maybe I was too hasty!
You could call them and ask if it is in stock.

MinorSeventhMan
Mar-09-2005, 8:57pm
SO I got my MandoBird Today! Yippee! And I did not have to wait six months! Now an amp, some effects pedals, and I am on my way.

M7Man

mad dawg
Mar-10-2005, 11:21am
Congrats, and be sure to tell us how you like it. Also, please post pics when you get a chance; I haven't seen one in seafoam green.

Lee
Mar-10-2005, 6:26pm
Cheap amp? Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals? Boss Octave

jmkatcher
Mar-10-2005, 6:35pm
Another cheap tube amp: Peavey Delta Blues

delsbrother
Mar-10-2005, 7:39pm
Did you get the VIII or the IV?

jefflester
Mar-10-2005, 8:27pm
Congrats, and be sure to tell us how you like it. Also, please post pics when you get a chance; I haven't seen one in seafoam green.
Lt.Sam's from last week:
Seafoam Green Mandobird (http://www.mandolincafe.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=22;t=22712)
Though in that picture it looks kinda blue.

The VIII comes only in the sunburst as far as I can tell.

MinorSeventhMan
Mar-10-2005, 9:57pm
Did you get the VIII or the IV?
I got the IV. I really just wanted a toy, so I figured the cheaper the better. Tonight I just went and picked up a Roland Microcube at my local music store. Man! I was the star of the show! I walked in there with my MandoBird, and the staff was like all over me. They had never seen one.

That little Roland Microcube rocks! All sorts of effects on it like flange, phaser, destortion, tremelo, reverb, delay. Fun toys all!

M7Man

MinorSeventhMan
Mar-10-2005, 9:58pm
I currently have lent out my camera, but I should get it back next week some time. I will take a picture and post it.

wah
Mar-11-2005, 6:01pm
I'll second that Roland micro-cube rave. I play my mandobasler through a Fender Pro Jr. most of the time but I bought the micro-cube because you can use batteries. It's a serious little box.

Wayne