PDA

View Full Version : My Loar arrived...I'm stupid excited.

Chris64
Feb-21-2014, 3:38pm
Thanks to everyone for their advice in a previous post when I was looking at different mandolins. As a beginner, I'm not quite ready to drop a few thousand dollars on an instrument (my husband said I had a budget too. Killjoy.) so I went with The Loar LM500-VS. It arrived today and I'm just OUT OF MY MIND with excitement. It's GORGEOUS. Everything I'd hoped for, appearance wise, in a new Loar F-style. I'm still going to keep my little cheapy A-style that I started on because...well..I'm sentimental about it. :grin: I can't wait to hear it but I need to tune the rascal and then I'm going play until my fingers are numb! Wheeee!!!:mandosmiley:

DataNick
Feb-21-2014, 3:46pm
Congrats!...Great way to start the weekend!....Pics?

Stephen Cagle
Feb-21-2014, 3:56pm
DataNick is correct! We know what you'll be doing all weekend! Enjoy you F5...~o)

Paul Hird
Feb-21-2014, 4:33pm
Congratulations, Chris4! I bought the LM 500 VS back in September and my fingertips are still numb. I play every day and am having a blast learning on this mandolin.

Have fun!

Chris64
Feb-21-2014, 4:49pm
Thanks! It sounds amazing!!! Had to make a few adjustments but it makes my cheap A-style sound like a ukelele! Much more volume, richer tones and all around, just easier to play. I like the neck width much better than my A. Now, if I can get my hands to obey my brain, maybe I can make some music!

GreenMTBoy
Feb-21-2014, 6:22pm
Congratulation on your new baby, The LM500-VS is really nice ,have heard good things about it .

guitargain
Feb-21-2014, 6:45pm
Congrats on your new mandolin. I bought a LM-600 with Cumberland Accoustic Bridge as my first Mandolin almost 2 years ago and have never regretted it.

Freddyfingers
Feb-21-2014, 7:41pm
I feel your joy. I picked up a 600 a few days back. They didn't have the 500 in the store. I wanted it so much, I gave a small deposit, and let the owner hold my 1962 gibson es 125tdc for hostage until I paid the rest off. I love my Gibson, but I have been progressing on the mandolin so much, my needs changed. You are right, that they play very easily. I have a epiphone MM20, a style from 1993. Its a world part as far as playability. So, as you are playing away thins weekend, know that I am doing the same here in sunny Virginia.

Congrats!