PDA

View Full Version : New list for historical citterns

Eugene
Mar-02-2005, 10:04am
The following comes to me via Doc Rossi (http://www.magnatune.com/artists/docrossi), an accomplished finger-style player of baroque-era citterns. #There are several such historic-instrument lists (lute, early guitar/vihuela, and baroque lute) run by Wayne Cripps out of Dartmouth U. #Please feel free to subscribe or pass it on.

Dear Eugene,

As you've probably read in the other groups we belong to, Wayne at Dartmouth has agreed to set up a list for historical citterns. I hope you'll join and contribute as there aren't that many of us (at least that I know of), but I think it's time for a list like this, away from the hustle and bustle of lutes, vihuelas, guitars and CBOMs! If you know of anyone else I should invite to join, or of any other group I should send an announcement to, please send me the address, or let them know about it yourself. Feel free to forward this message or the one I sent to other lists to any individuals or groups you think might be interested, too - I've sent an announcement to the Lute Net, Vihuela, Cittern@yahoo, and Fretted Friends, so I'm lacking mandolin and guitar groups, for a start.

As usual, to subscribe, send an empty email with the word "subscribe" in the subject line to

cittern-request@cs.dartmouth.edu

Thanks a lot,

Doc