PDA

View Full Version : Adam Steffey playing his new Elkhorn Koa/Red Cedar F-5

Elkhorn1
Feb-11-2014, 9:10am

Met Adam Steffey in Nashville at Carter Vintage Guitars this past weekend to deliver his new mandolin. What a terrific player!! He is such a nice guy and what a pleasure it was to meet him and hear him play this mandolin. Got to hear him play it on the Grand Old Opry with The Boxcars later this same day; man what a great day!!!

William Smith
Feb-11-2014, 9:26am
Awesome, Great work. you build some sweet mandolins!

Ken Olmstead
Feb-11-2014, 9:26am
That must have been completely surreal!!! Congratulations!

Bill Baldridge
Feb-11-2014, 10:21am
Rightfully a proud moment for you.

Steve Sorensen
Feb-11-2014, 10:32am
Awesome in every way!

Steve

Skip Kelley
Feb-11-2014, 10:40am
Robb, congratulations! What a great thing to happen! The tortise binding and the abalone inlay really look awesome on that mandolin!!

bernabe
Feb-11-2014, 11:31am
Awesome , Robb!

Ivan Kelsall
Feb-12-2014, 4:55am
Robb,you've made some of the most beautiful mandolins i've seen on here,but that one is something else !. The 't/shell' edge binding frames the whole instrument so tastefully. I'm sure Adam will put it through it's paces & i look forward to hearing it on his future recordings - tremendous work,
Ivan

Pete Jenner
Feb-12-2014, 11:53am
That's a striking mandolin.

Cheryl Watson
Feb-12-2014, 12:05pm
Adam sounded so great on that Elkhorn koa/cedar at Carter's Vintage Guitars that it does not surprise me at all that he up and ordered one. It's beautiful! I just love the koa and cedar combination for guitars and obviously, it gives the same sweet, yet clear and full tone in a mandolin.

Phil Goodson
Feb-13-2014, 10:07am
Nice mando. Adam always sounds great.
But if I ever thought I had MAS, wow, Adam seems to have had a bazillion different mandos through the years.
And every one he plays still sounds like Adam Steffey!!! :) ;)
I like it!!!

Elkhorn1
Feb-13-2014, 7:02pm
Yeah, that's true about Adam; a huge part of it is in the touch. He's got it. He's an incredible player and the nicest guy you'd want to meet to boot! He really likes the tone of the Koa/Cedar combination; it really is perfect for his playing style!

Marty Jacobson
Feb-14-2014, 12:32am
The best part of being a builder is getting to hear great players sound like themselves on one of our mandolins. Congrats to Robb, well done.

Trey Young
Feb-15-2014, 10:50am
That's fantastic Robb! I found a link to the Opry show from that night, Adam and his new Elkhorn sounded great! Makes me day dream about a cedar/koa A-5...you haven't done an A-5 with that wood combo, have you?