PDA

View Full Version : Just Because

doublestop
Feb-27-2005, 5:17pm
Does anyone know the chords to Just Because? I know there was a previous thread where someone wanted the tab. If anyone has the chords can you please pass them on. I can probably figure out where they go.

wstacy
Feb-28-2005, 10:49am
C,G,C,F,C,A,D,G,C I tried to type the chords over the lrics but when I hit preview, they wasnt in the right place. Hope this helps, William Stacy

Carolina_Quinn
Feb-28-2005, 6:24pm
It was me who was looking for the tab of "Just Because". I think I've got it figured out (kinda), tks to Alan Burrows (but if anyone else has it figured out in 'G', I'd appreciate it). Anyways, we play it in G:

G G
Just because your momma thinks you're pretty,
G D
And just because your daddy thinks you're hot,
D D
Just because you think you've got something
D D G
That no other girl has got
G G
Just because you’re spending all my money.
G G7 C
You laughed and called me old Santa Claus.
C C7
Well, I'm telling you, honey,
G E
I'm through with you.
A D G
Because, just, because.

Flowerpot
Feb-28-2005, 6:52pm
If you wanna get fancy, substitute C#dim for the C7 in the third line from the top.

That chord progression is used in so many songs -- try going into "Bill Bailey" or "Roll Out the Barrel" in the middle of it. We once got three people to sing all three songs at once, and called it "Just Because Bill Bailey Rolled Out the Barrel." Well, it's fun at 3:00 in the morning anyway.

Feb-28-2005, 7:21pm
That is an awesome tune. Del and the boys did it at a show last year. I also have it on a couple of Del live shows. Good good song.

doublestop
Mar-03-2005, 7:54pm
Flowerpot,
Thanks for the tip on Bill Bailey and Beer Barrel Polka. I've been working on it this week and running them together, what fun!!! I've even come up with a pretty nifty break for it too!