PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a rough valuation of a Yanuziello e-mandola. Thx!

smgbad
Jan-21-2014, 11:58pm
NOTE: Sorry for the double posting... Not sure which forum to put this in exactly.

Hi all! Just dropping in to see if I can get some advice from a seasoned electric mandolin or mandola player / collector. Long story short, I have an opportunity to trade for an '04 Joe Yanuziello electric mandola, in decent used condition.

I am a guitarist and have no real need for a mandola at the moment, but the person trading it to me needs one of my guitars for his current band/project. I have authenticated the e-mando with Joe Yanuziello, and was told that while it was $1600 new 10 years ago, that same mandola today would run a minimum of $4k. He proposed it is likely worth anywhere from $2500-$3k depending on actual condition. You guys are the primary pool of people that would likely be interested in snatching it up when (and if) I put it up for sale or trade, so what would you guys say is a realistic amount to try for with it? I trust Joe's opinion, but would definitely like a second opinion before pulling the trigger on this deal.

A few features/specs:

18" scale
Hollow alder body with a maple cap
Lacquered coral
Neck is curly maple with an ebony fingerboard and headstock veneer
Ebony knobs
Black plastic pickguard
Rare custom Fralin humbucking pickup
Supposedly still has the handmade hardcase Joe made for it as well (plush lined)

Issues:

- There is minor pickwear on the pickguard
- A few dings in the paint along the edge near the jack
- A bit of paint chipping under the truss rod cover (TRC covers it though)
- Action slightly high (you can slide 1 quarter and 1 dime between the string and fret at the 12th), but was told by Joe to simply adjust the truss rod to bring it down

Here's some pics the guy sent me *** PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME OF THE PICS APPEAR TO HAVE BEEN TAKEN IN A MIRROR. IT IS A RIGHT HANDED MANDOLA*** :

Thanks so much for any help you guys can give!