PDA

View Full Version : Hughes A-5 #3

Vernon Hughes
Jan-18-2014, 12:01pm
Here's my latest build,took some pics while it's settling in for a 2 week drying before final wet sanding and buffing. I had this crazy idea to do a camouflage top but it evolved into what a friend called an "organic textural rendering". I strung it up in the white,she sounds great,loud and balanced,very similar to numbers 1 and 2. Will post more when it's done and some sound clips.

Charles E.
Jan-18-2014, 12:14pm
Wow, it almost looks like iridesent shell. Very cool.

Marty Jacobson
Jan-18-2014, 1:02pm
Hey, that's cool. For a second I thought you'd done a Frosted Duco finish.... but however you did it, I find it quite attractive. Well done.

Vernon Hughes
Jan-18-2014, 2:54pm
I thought it kind of looked like one of those old nationals as it was developing during the process.It's not really what I was shooting for but it sure has attracted some interest here at the shop.Certainly will be the only one to look like this!

Skip Kelley
Jan-18-2014, 3:37pm
Very unusual and it looks great! Awesome looking maple too!

yankees1
Jan-18-2014, 4:03pm
I really like the looks of it ! Great job ! At first I thought it was a composite top.

Jim Garber
Jan-18-2014, 4:17pm
I like the unusual top and the back and sides are finished beautifully.

Vernon Hughes
Jan-18-2014, 5:07pm
Yea, can't wait to do the final wet sanding and polishing. I think it's gonna be fine. I've been doing these strange colors by specific requests for customers,if anyone should be in need of a good A model i'm all ears,I do traditional colors as well. (shameless plug)