PDA

View Full Version : Guild mandolin strings

testore
Jan-10-2014, 12:06am
Just put a set on, so far I think they're interesting. Very different than D'Addario. The .015 A string might feel a little slinky for me but the whole set may feel that way. Not sure about how long they'll last but I'll let you know later. Has anyone else tried these?

mandroid
Jan-10-2014, 12:58am
Hmm , since Fender took over, Bought out Guild *, what's in a Brand Name ?
Perhaps, sort of a distinction with little difference ..

you A/B them with a Fender Bronze Mandolin string of the same Gages?

* I heard , .. what domestic 'Guild' building there is , is in the former Tacoma shop . Tacoma , another Fender brand buy.

almeriastrings
Jan-10-2014, 1:07am
If they are the same as the Fender phosphor bronze, they might be pretty good. I grabbed a 12-pack of those for peanuts in a blow-out sale not expecting too much, but tried them, and they sounded good and lasted well. The sets I got were described as "light" and 2060L. Despite the "light" label they are 11-16-26-40.

pheffernan
Jan-11-2014, 10:35pm
* I heard , .. what domestic 'Guild' building there is , is in the former Tacoma shop . Tacoma , another Fender brand buy.

It was. Fender moved Guild from Westerly, Rhode Island, to Corona, California, and then Tacoma, Washington. Current domestic building takes place in New Hartford, Connecticut.

mandroid
Jan-12-2014, 12:57am
built by Gypsy factory Luthiers I guess , given all the factory moves..

Earlier than Westerly RI was a factory site in Hoboken NJ..

R. Kane
Jan-12-2014, 1:04am
And the factory in New Hartford, CT is next to the best trout river in the state.