PDA

View Full Version : OM.....not just for meditating any longer

Luthier
Feb-27-2004, 4:05am
To meet many requests and to add to my instrument kit product line, I have developed a great Octave Mandolin Kit (“The Mill Creek”) for the novice to advanced woodworker. #It has the same shape and design features as the mandolin kits I now make, but on a larger scale. #It boasts a book matched Spruce top, Black Walnut book matched back and sides, Pau Ferro/Morado slotted fingerboard and a black walnut neck with a an adjustable truss rod. #It has an induced arch X bracing pattern on the soundboard and the arch is pre shaped for you. #There is a mortise and tenon bolt on neck joint to allow people the option of using binding and purfling. #It is made of all solid wood components and has a 22.875” scale length with a neck / body joint at the 14th fret. #I am available to answer questions while building, via Internet or phone as I am with all my kits. #I believe this is an important and unique attribute to my kits. #This kit will also be offered at the workshop along with my other mandolin at the 4-H Conference Center in Front Royal, Va. in April 2004. #Best of all is the sound. #It has great balanced, rich tone, and great volume. #I am very proud to offer this OM kit and have put a great deal of time and research into its development to insure a successful experience for those wanting to expand their luthier skills or those who are just starting out. #
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/kawalekd/homepage/kitpage.htm

Don