PDA

View Full Version : Geoff Burghardt

Brandon Sumner
Dec-11-2013, 7:35pm
Anyone know anything about this builder and his Mandolins? iiimandolin I think he calls them?
Thanks!

George R. Lane
Dec-11-2013, 7:45pm
Here is the link to his website; http://www.iiimandolin.com/Welcome.html

Brandon Sumner
Dec-11-2013, 8:40pm
Here is the link to his website; http://www.iiimandolin.com/Welcome.html

yes, thanks, he is local here, I was interested in what anyone thinks about his mandolin's

Jim Garber
Dec-11-2013, 8:52pm
Have you played any of his mandolins, esp if he is local? If so, did you like them? He does post here from time to time.

Brandon Sumner
Dec-11-2013, 8:54pm
no, I have not played any yet, I was thinking about a trade situation actually, have contacted him once so far but nothing solid yet Just looking for feed back on his Mando's

Jordan S.
Dec-12-2013, 9:53am
I can tell you that I took lutherie courses at the school where Geoff instructs (though not from him) and the other instructors all think very highly of him and his work. The course, at Red Rocks Community College, has an excellent reputation and it's instructors are very precise, knowledgable and demanding. If that caliber of luthiere speaks highly of Mr. Burghardt, I'd trust his work.

Dan Adams
Dec-12-2013, 8:05pm
You can do a search on the site here using Geoff and get a list of threads in which Geoff has posted within or about his mandos. the thread '#21 and a gibby' chronicles the construction of #21 that Geoff made for me. Send him a private message here or contact him through his website. If you want to play mine, we could also work that out. Much of how I feel about Triple iii #21 is within that one post. Geoff was great to work with during the construction, and as you can see from the photos, that maple back alsways draws attention. I may just 'cut it out of the herd' this evening and do some pickin. Dan

Geoff B
Dec-13-2013, 10:11pm
Hey Branden,
You are welcome to drop by to check out my work if you want to. I don't bite, and I could be interested in that Martin you have if you want to discuss further. I was going to put #36 in a store soon but can hold on to it if you want a no-strings-attached meeting to check it out. Perhaps at a jam? Anyway, I'm close and nothing is better than seeing for yourself.

Cheers,
Geoff