PDA

View Full Version : Who else builds besides rono & Schwab

wmr
Feb-23-2005, 3:03pm
Any other recommendations for 5 string electric builders besides Rono and Schwab?

Lee
Feb-23-2005, 3:24pm
Roger Bacorn, Jonathan Mann, Steve Ryder, Bruce Herron, Fender Custom Shop (dig deep), Ernest,

Jim M.
Feb-23-2005, 3:57pm
Check out www.emando.com , which is run by Cafe member mrmando

mikeomando
Feb-23-2005, 4:00pm
I own a bunch of 5 strings. My favorite is the very expensive Michael Stevens. He's in Texas, and has started building again. The Earnest is also a good one. Mine has a Novax fretboard. The Blue Star mandocaster made by Bruce Herron and sold by Elderly Instruments probably gives the best bang for the buck. YMMV.

wmr
Feb-23-2005, 5:26pm
Thanks folks. I have a Jonathan Mann. I love it and its great playing instrument. I am going to have him make me another in nov or dec. Thinking about getting a Schwab as well. I have been all through emando.com. I was just hoping you folks would come up with builders not on emando already. Thanks again.

mikeomando
Feb-23-2005, 5:36pm
Good luck tying to find an emando builder not on emando.com. Really.

mrmando
Feb-23-2005, 5:48pm
Yeah, I'd like to see you try. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif

wmr
Feb-24-2005, 3:39pm
No reason to get angry. I love emando.com

Just looking if there was anyone else out there.

mrmando
Feb-28-2005, 2:59pm
Once again my sense of humor fails to come through... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

mikeomando
Feb-28-2005, 9:18pm
Hey mrmando, I thought the sense of humor came through... As many times as I have seen you alert the cafe about some odd emando within 15 minutes of its posting on ebay, I applaud your combination of obsession/dedication. I think everybody is looking for the holy grail of emandos, but they end up either finding one listed on emando.com, or some one-off that nobody has ever seen before, usually with good reason.

jmcgann
Feb-28-2005, 10:29pm
a vote for Steve Ryder, great guy who does great work!

Dave Hicks
Mar-01-2005, 7:04am
"a vote for Steve Ryder, great guy who does great work!"

Don't know him personally, but I like my Ryder mando a lot.

D.H.

Christian McKee
Mar-01-2005, 3:31pm
No personal knowledge of the man, but my Ryder is terriffic! I'll recommend his instruments to anyone who can afford them.

Christian