PDA

View Full Version : Simple way to convert TABS to readable

Jungleman
Nov-14-2013, 12:09pm
Hullo:
Newbie here. Is there a way to convert, downloaded Scale TABS to more readable and when Printed more readable too. Here is couple examples that I like to convert, if there is simple way, to do it.

Here is an example of how I should like it, so that when printed it is more readable.

Thank You for your help.

Jungleman.

Jeroen
Nov-14-2013, 1:12pm
Is doing it by hand an option? You will develop a personal style which will look cool. Anyone remember the great little Niles Hokannen booklets? I like to do the handwork and think it really helps memorizing. Programs that I know of are either ugly, limited or buggy, or have an overkill of options and will cost lots. I sometimes write standard notation but usually tab with simple duration flags and stems. I use the four white lines between the 5 lines of standard standard notation paper to represent the mandolin strings.

mandroid
Nov-14-2013, 1:19pm
.. if there is simple way, to do it.

A piece of printed staff paper and a pencil.

carolinamark
Nov-14-2013, 3:32pm
A piece of printed staff paper and a pencil.

Here's a 4 line tab layout in PDF form.

Dale Ludewig
Nov-14-2013, 4:31pm
You should be able to do this easily with Tabledit. The free reader can be had at mandozine.com. You'll need the payfor version at tabledit.com. You can enter either notes or the tab and the software will generate the other. You'll have to fiddle a little with it. The tabbed notes may not be at the positions you prefer them.

Jungleman
Nov-14-2013, 7:17pm
Jeroen:
Thank you. Hand is, always the best option. I know there is no easier way. However, before I posted this, I did use couple of elementary photo editing softwares. Here is what I did...
I cut the TABS portion and left the notes ....
Then I drew insoftware, TABS portions...
On this TABS portion, I used "Arial 15 points Bold" font to write the TABS NUMERALS.
This then I pested where I had cut the original TABS.
Now it is time to save the work file.
All done.....
Next when i open the file in the software.. guess what, it shows the original TABS that I had cut-off already. This told me immediately, it is useless to spend time to fix the whole PAGE...
And came to this Forum, knwoing that it is just another waste of time.

However, thank you. Hand is the Wonderful Option, under any circumstances.

Thank you for your time.

Jungleman.

Jungleman
Nov-14-2013, 7:20pm
Carolinmark:
Thank You. I will use this TABS. Saves me time to draw by hand.

Thank you.
Jungleman

Jungleman
Nov-14-2013, 7:22pm
Dale Ludewig:
Thank you. For the time I will do it by hand or learn other scales, Diation, Natural, Major etc.
However thanks for your reply.

Jungleman