PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Heart music/tablature

PaulD
Feb-21-2005, 6:12pm
I don't know that this is technically the right genre, but...

I'm looking for the music and/or mando tab for Peter Ostroushko's Sacred Heart. I've tried JC's Tunefinder and a couple other sites and Google searches, but I'm striking out. Anyone know where these might live?

Thanks,
Paul Doubek http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

halfdeadhippie
Mar-02-2005, 7:26am
If you email Peter from his web sight I think it is peterostroushko.com, there is a link in the link section of mandolin cafe - Pete will send you sheet music, I think it is like $12 a tune, a friend of mine did so and gave some of them to me as a gift , knowing what an Ostroushko devotee I am, Pete is a heck of nice guy and IMHO one of the greatest living mandolin virtuoso as well as one of the more inovative contemporary American compsers.

BTW not all the stuff on Sacred Heart speaks to me , but that Tatiana's Lament and Medicine bow - as well even the ravens moren for you - powerful powerful stuff.
I really think Heart of the Heartland was Pete's best overall effort to date.

Tim

PaulD
Mar-02-2005, 1:48pm
Thanks for the reply, Tim. I actually did fire off an e-mail to Peter at the contact addr on his Website about the same time as my original post. Haven't heard anything back yet, but I don't know if he tours and doesn't get to his e-mail regularly. I had actually hoped to get this for a lady friend by her b-day, which isn't until May so I've got a little time. I'll try him again if I don't hear back.

E-mail is great... I've found several musicians very responsive when I've asked questions (Jorma Kaukonen and John McCuen come to mind). Hopefully I'll hear back from Peter.

I agree with your assesment of the power of Peter's music. I had only listened to it incidentally until my friend turned me onto it; his composition, mandolin, and fiddle are all exceptional. I'll have to get more to listen to.

Paul Doubek