PDA

View Full Version : Electric Mando

bjc
Feb-20-2005, 10:56pm
Greetings...just wondering what the group is thinking is the best massproduced electric mando...not acoustic/electric, but a straight-up stoopid rock-n-roll distorted (sometimes clean) mando....I have a mandobird, but of course it is more of a toy. So, what would be the good "serious" start up electric mando? Think what would Steve Vai play if money was tight...Thanks

mrmando
Feb-21-2005, 1:42am
Steve Vai would have bought that Fender Pentalin on eBay! That is, if he could forgive Alex for peeing on his grave.

What kind of a budget do you have and what features are important to you? How much time have you spent on emando.com? The Blue Star Mandoblaster is marginally better than the MandoBird, but it may not be enough of an upgrade for you. Maybe the MidMo?

There really aren't any truly mass-produced e-mandos that are much better than the MandoBird. One gets into small-shop territory very quickly here.

mandroid
Feb-21-2005, 1:57am
If Clapton peed on mine I could get some real bux.
Yo Southbys!

Lee
Feb-21-2005, 9:23am
I haven't played a Mandobird but I have owned Kentucky KM-300E and KM-400E. I personally think the BlueStar Mandoblaster is a significant step ahead of these two mass produced Emandos.

bjc
Feb-21-2005, 11:58am
Hello,

One thing I should've added in here is that I like to bend strings and the mandobird goes out right away...I'm looking for (or considering) something under a grand preferably WAY under...tee hee...but it looks real limited The Kentucky's and the Bluestars...how are they when bending strings and do all the strings sound at the same volume? My high e gets eaten up in the mix of the other strings...