PDA

View Full Version : Noodling in a field...

Trent Crawford
Oct-30-2013, 2:35am
Wanted to share this video i had the pleasure of being a part of...

We shot it on an amazing afternoon in the Hunter Valley of NSW Australia. We just jammed a bunch of songs off the cuff and this one is the first i`ve had a chance to slice together.

Was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

:grin:

Hope ya like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6bRzjfRtaA

Mike Bunting
Oct-30-2013, 2:44am
Love her voice and a great tune and nice arrangement.

Pete Jenner
Oct-30-2013, 3:05am
Great part of the world too Trent. ...apart from the coal mines.

Johnno
Oct-30-2013, 4:58am
Hey Pete, no coal mines, no climate change and Queensland might freeze and we got plenty of coal mines in QLD.
Hey I'm just kiddin!
Cheers
john

JeffD
Oct-30-2013, 8:59am
Very nice.

Tommcgtx
Oct-30-2013, 10:16am
That is very cool! Thank you for posting.

billhay4
Oct-30-2013, 10:52am
Nice. What's the mandolin?
Bill

Trent Crawford
Oct-30-2013, 7:20pm
Thanks Guys.

I indeed agree she has a great voice... It is an absolute pleasure playing with this lady.

Sure is Pete! The venue was sensational. We played a wedding gig there and managed to squeeze a few videos in between soundcheck and gig start. We couldn`t of asked for a better scene, or weather! The planets aligned.

The mando is a Loar A 400. Been a great 1st mandolin that thing. Getting closer to affording a Weber or a Collings! Well, there the two that feel and sound right in my hands. :-)

Mike Bunting
Oct-30-2013, 8:40pm
[QUOTE=Trent Crawford;1218036

I'm closer to affording a Weber or a Collings! Well, there the two that feel and sound right in my hands. :-)[/QUOTE]
It may be more feasible, given the costs that distance may incur, to look at one of Paul Duff's A's down there. They are a great mandolin.

AaronVW
Oct-30-2013, 11:06pm
It may be more feasible, given the costs that distance may incur, to look at one of Paul Duff's A's down there. They are a great mandolin.

Peter Coombe makes some nice instruments down in NSW as well...

Trent Crawford
Oct-31-2013, 9:39pm
Cheers. I have played a Duff... It didn`t quite hit the spot for "Me"... Obviously that was only one instrument... WOuld be keen to try some more if i could find somewhere to do such a thing.

I have not seen or heard of the Coombe mando`s... Will check em out.

I`m after an F btw.

peter.coombe
Nov-02-2013, 6:12pm
I have not made any F's yet. However, there is one in the pipeline, but it is likely to be a fairly long pipeline. Also will be significantly more expensive than my A models but should have the same sound.