PDA

View Full Version : Poe No. 39

MK in NC
Oct-28-2013, 10:07am
Andy Poe's No. 39 mandolin recently found a new home in Raleigh, N.C.

Jesse Cobb gave it a spin after his show Saturday night in nearby Durham.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuxcejF7oZk

cayuga red
Oct-28-2013, 11:18am
Just beautiful!

bernabe
Oct-28-2013, 5:26pm
Aha... I see my 'ol buddies Russ and Jordan in there too.

Steve-o
Oct-28-2013, 8:47pm
MK - Thanks for the vid. You should post a pic of the back of that mando - very nice figure. The fit and finish on Andy's instruments is top shelf. Enjoy #39!

Ron McMillan
Oct-29-2013, 4:53am
Lovely looking - and sounding - instrument. I've been an admirer of Mr Poe's creations for a few years now. I'm curious - the OP seems to say this is after a concert. Is it common for audience members to bring instruments along for a jam after a show? If so, that's very cool.

MK in NC
Oct-29-2013, 8:53am
You should post a pic of the back of that mando - very nice figure.

I could take a new photo, but it would be far worse than the one Carter's Vintage Guitars used to help sell the mandolin.

MK in NC
Oct-29-2013, 9:04am
Is it common for audience members to bring instruments along for a jam after a show? If so, that's very cool.

I couldn't tell you how common this is, but the situation Saturday was pretty cool. Noam Pikelny, Jesse Cobb, Bryan Sutton, Barry Bales, and Luke Bulla came out after their gig at Motorco in Durham to sign CDs and posters. I bought Jesse Cobb's new solo CD (which is very good, by the way) and chatted with him for a few minutes. I asked him if he had ever played a Poe. When he said no, I offered to get mine from the car.

By the time I returned, he was already jamming with the two fellows identified as Russ and Jordan above. One of them jammed on the Poe for about half a tune, then handed it off to Jesse Cobb for the video you see at the beginning of this thread.

I'm not sure how much longer this jam continued. I needed to get a friend back home so cut out after Jesse said some nice things about the Poe.

cayuga red
Oct-29-2013, 10:25am
All three players were outstanding and Jesse really did justice to your Poe! Play it in good health.

Paul Statman
Oct-29-2013, 3:11pm
Looks and sounds great. Congratulations! May you play it in good health for many years.