Installing a low cost pickup

Here's an album to show my install of an inexpensive two-piezo pickup in my Fullerton Hammonton. I bought the pickup from JJB Electronics:

http://www.jjb-electronics.com/index.html

20 measley bucks! Shipped!

No Financial Interest! However I am pleased with my purchase and am glad to endorse them!

If you click through, first to last, I've told the steps in the descriptions.

Enjoy!
  1. Here's the subject of this experiment: My Fullerton Hammonton. Recently bought here through the Mandolin Cafe Classifieds. I am happy and excited by...
  2. X marks the spot! Blue painters tape is the stuff. It'll keep the wood from splintering and leaves no residue. This pickup did not come with an...
  3. I warned you! I just hope nobody has nightmares over this. Nice fresh sharp 3/8" paddle blade.
  4. Pretty painless.
  5. Nice -n- clean! Spent a little time blowing through and shaking out the sawdust. It's not much.
  6. Here's the unit from JJB Electronics. A very nice clean assembly. I bought the two head unit. I also opted for 15mm piezos (20mm are the standard)...
  7. Take off the washer and nut...
  8. Feed the wire through the jack-hole and then fish it through the lower F-hole. (Wow that sounds really crude; my apologies!)
  9. With the wire run through the lower F-hole and the newly drilled hole, slide the jack onto it and tie a gentle little knot to pull it through with.
  10. This was a move that was made very gingerly! The jack JUST fit through the big end of the F-hole. It required some finessing to get it through. But;...
  11. Gently pull the wire through and out pops the jack tip. Easy as pie!
  12. Slip the washer and the nut onto the wire, slide 'em up and finger tighten them.
  13. OK, here's the two piezos hanging out the lower F-hole.
  14. Feed the wire through the two F-holes. Tie onto one or the other piezo's lead. Note: I had to pull the two leads apart a few inches to get enough...
  15. A nice gentle knot around one of the piezo's leads.
  16. Bam! She's through!
  17. Shamelessly lifting the technique recommended by another manufacturer for their similar product: I bent a nail and, lacking the putty they include...
  18. The Playdoh didn't work so I resorted to the blue painter's tape again. It worked perfectly! I did not get shots of the next step (no free hands) but...
  19. Here I am holding the piezo in place for 45 seconds while the Super Glue dries. Afterwards gently rocking the nail breaks the blue tape free and it...
  20. Lastly, I bent the nail a little differently: a little nib on the tip that I used to wedge inside the input jack. It held it in place while I took a...
Showing photos 1 to 20 of 20