Denver Folklore Center •
Morgan Music •
Peghead Nation •
Elderly Instruments •
Strings and Beyond •
The Music Emporium •
Mandolin World Headquarters •
Select a Viewing Mode and Category:
Ads in violation of our guidelines are subject to immediately removal without notice and may result in permanent ban.
We ask for a 2% donation back to the Mandolin Cafe from the seller for a successfully, completed sale that initiated from an ad here. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone that does not support this policy.
- Posting under a false identity, on behalf of someone who has been banned, or acting as a third party agent for someone not approved to use this resource is gorunds for loss of posting privileges.
- Postings referencing Venmo, PayPal Family and Friends and Western Union will be blocked as their use is not permitted by those companies for commercial transactions.
- You will post only items for sale, trade or in search of plucked, strummed or bowed string family instruments including mandolin, guitar, banjo, violin family, ukulele, resonator guitar, and general musical accessories (amps, tuners, mics, etc.). Ads for lessons--offering or looking for them are acceptable. Examples of items not allowed: pianos, drums, saxophones, the family washing machine, your 79 Chevy, etc. If in doubt about what is allowed, contact the site owner.
- The practice of bumping an ad--deleting and resubmitting prior to its expiration is not permitted.
- Multiple ads for one instrument/product are not permitted.
- We strongly advise buyers against paying with PayPal Friends and Family. Do and you relinquish all protection afforded--same as cash.
- We will not intervene on your behalf in a transaction gone bad if PayPal Friends and Family was used as payment.
- Trades involving non-musical products are not allowed.
- Be considerate. Do not post large groups of ads--five or more in a row at one time.
- Solicitating donations is not allowed. Exceptions may be made but must be cleared first with the site owner.
- We do not accept ads requesting sale or trade of bootleg tapes.
- The practice of "baiting", ie., advertising one price and then increasing the price upon inquiry will not be tolerated.
- Fake or counterfeit copies of instruments with company logos are not allowed.
- Refrain from adding links within ads pointing to the Cafe's Forum where pictures of your items you are selling appear.
- We do not accept posts dealing in the sale or transfer of tortoise-shell and other products protected by the 1973 Endangered Species act. This includes picks made from antique shells. We also do not allow the posting of antique ivory products or giraffe bone accessories on instruments.
- Use of New Ad or Reply feature to make inappropriate statements (mocking products, intentionally bogus ads, threatening others, slander, bullying, expressions of political and religious views, inappropriate sexual references, stalking, etc.) will not be tolerated.
- No ad promoting activities that would be illegal under the laws of this State or Province, this Country, or of the state or country of domicile of the person posting the ad shall be allowed.
- Mispresented items, submission of false keywords or insertion of other false and misleading information is a violation of our guidelines.
- Openly posted emails and phone numbers will be removed for your safety. It is dangerous to post your email in the body of the ad. If someone contacts you directly and bypasses our "Reply to Ad" tool and you are scammed, we will be unable to assist you. In addition, you're placing your email address on the internet for spam bots to harvest. The "Reply to Ad" section of every ad allows users permitted to use this resource to contact you without exposing you to unnecessary danger.
- The Mandolin Cafe reserves the ultimate discretion as to when ads are in violation of our guidelines.
Thank you. We hope that these guidelines will make the Mandolin Cafe Classifieds more enjoyable for everyone.