Denver Folklore Center •
Strings and Beyond •
Morgan Music •
Elderly Instruments •
Mass Street Music •
Collings • Eastman • Peghead Nation • The Music Emporium • Mandolin World Headquarters • JustStrings.com • Weber
This is a fine Mahogany “Diamond Point” from Jaroslav Prucha.
Exc condition • SN#0520
33mm width at nut • Radiused F.B.
This 2003 Prucha Diamond Point Mahogany is a treat to both your eyes and your ears. It is in very nice condition.
Mahogany neck and resonator. ebony peghead overlay and Ebony radiused fingerboard. Peghead veneer has JPrucha pearl logo inlaid at top and “Diamond Point” inlays in center. Truss rod cover near nut. Bone nut. Radiused Ebony fingerboard has pearl Diamond Point inlay pattern.
This banjo has reversed bindings, meaning that the edge binding is black with white accent lines instead of the opposite. And, on the sides of resonator and sides of fingerboard, there is a colorful wooden marquetry strip against the binding edge. Nickel hardware, including Schaller offset main tuners and Schaller 5th tuner, all with matching pearloid buttons. This is a major signature model from Jaroslav Prucha. It uses his fine 3-ply Maple rim with a Prucha/Ptacek pre-war style Flat Head bell bronze tone ring.
The tone is very good.
There is slight evidence of some fret wear, but not deep. There is some use showing on the head, and there are a few small bumps to resonator side walls that are slight.
This banjo comes with a good hard case.
Ad Number 165604
Posted: Jan 13, 2021 11:31 AM CDT
Greg Boyd's House of Fine Instruments
311 Knowles Street
Missoula Montana 59801
Tools for the Ad Owner
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 758
Prior replies by this individual: 10
Other recent ads placed
• Recent Sawchyn 0-2C Oval Hole F Mandolin
• Doc's Banjos Aero 12″ Open Back
• 1998 Givens Legacy A-6
• Kat Eyz Cougar Banjo
• 2015 Dudenbostel F-5 Mandolin
• Blues Hardware 2-Pt. Mandolin
• C. 1970's R.L. Givens Kit Mandolin (A-3)
• Recent Gibson Retro RB-4 Banjo
• 1930 Gibson Flathead Style 3 Conversion Banjo
• 2005 Brentrup F-4C Oval Hole Mandolin
• Blues Hardware Model A
• New Blues Hardware A Model Mandolin
• 2011 Weber Gallatin A Mandolin - Oval Hole
• C. 1990 Monteleone "Baby Grand" Oval Hole 2-Pt.
• New Don Dryer A Model Mandolin