Denver Folklore Center •
Strings and Beyond •
Morgan Music •
Elderly Instruments •
Mass Street Music •
Collings • Eastman • Peghead Nation • The Music Emporium • Mandolin World Headquarters • JustStrings.com • Weber
Carlo Catalfamo built mandolins in Albuquerque New Mexico for about a decade until health problems caused him to retire.
His instruments feature top quality tone woods, an eye for detail and unique design options.
Here’s a mandolin that has all the earmarks of an early Gibson F-4, with a Neapolitan style peg head. The combination is visually attractive including the F-4 style rosette, body scroll and binding. The neck has 5 pieces and has been crafted in the true Italian style with its slotted peg head and is reinforced with a carbon fiber rod.
The top is hand carved from high quality, tight grained spruce, while the back has likewise been carved from nicely figured fiddle back maple. The entire body is triple bound.
Upon playing, one finds that the instrument has a good solid chop and plays clearly at all positions and produces sparkling clean tones all the way up the neck.
$2250 in a foam core case that could benefit from a new zipper. stk#VGM8002
For more photos, click on “additional information”.
Ad Number 160318
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 07:12 AM CDT
Port Townsend Wa. 98368
Tools for the Ad Owner
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 811
Prior replies by this individual: 39
Other recent ads placed
• 1937 Cromwell Gm-6 Mandolin
• 1915 Gibson Style O Guitar
• 1970 Framus 641/E Electric Mandolin
• 1924 Epiphone Model D Mandolin-Banjo
• 1939 A. Rogers Style C Mandolin
• 1939 Epiphone Zephyr Electric Mandolin
• 1970 Koontz Electric Mandolin
• 1938 D’Angelico A Mandolin
• 1921 Bacon Artist Model Mandolin
• 1925 Gibson F-2 Mandolin
• 1938 Gibson Tgl-7 Tenor Guitar
• 1935 Martin 0-21T Tenor Guitar
• 1930 Ciani- Galiano
• 1941 Gibson F-5 Mandolin Long Neck
• 1929 Paramount Artcraft Tenor Banjo