Zeta Mandolins •
Strings and Beyond •
Morgan Music •
Elderly Instruments •
Mass Street Music •
Eastman • Collings • Peghead Nation • The Music Emporium • Mandolin World Headquarters • JustStrings.com • Weber
Owner: Upload photo
Diamonds, rubies and jewels oh my! This instrument may have acquired much of its extensive bling from a previous owner after leaving the Favilla workshop.
Not that it wasn't fancy at its inception - with gold-plated hardware and a peg head covered in engraved amber-colored pearloid. The fretboard is inlaid with a mother of pearl leaf and flower motif that even features a pair of flying geese at the 10th fret. The neck and resonator are made of curly burly walnut and the resonator features inlaid lines of multi colored marquetry. The tone ring is of the rolled brass style, with 20 holes partially drilled through the wood rim, and the tailpiece seems to be a Grover "clamshell" engraved "DeLuxe" as found on the Gibson TB-5.
The tuning machines are gold plated Planet style and curiously, extra holes were drilled between the first and second and third and fourth tuning machines. Another curious addition is the insertion of decorative sheets of aluminum foil (easily removed) that line the resonator.
This high quality, snappy-sounding banjo is in excellent condition with a few scratches on the resonator, easily compensated by the addition of imitation rubies placed at equal distance atop the resonator flange.
Get your banjo bling on!
$995.00 with original hard case
for a complete set of videos, click on "more information"
Ad Number 155147
Posted: May 22, 2020 12:14 PM CDT
Port Townsend Wa. 98368
Tools for the Ad Owner
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 691
Prior replies by this individual: 33
Other recent ads placed
• 1964 Framus Model 6/41 Mandolin
• 1932 Kel Kroyden KK20 Mandolin
• 1932 Dobro Tenortrope Tenor Resonator
• 1920 Epiphone Model D Mandolin Banjo
• 1939 A. Rogers Model C Mandolin
• 1922 Bacon FF Professional Mandolin Banjo
• 1920 Ciani Galiano Bowl Back Mandolin
• 1938 D’Angelico A Mandolin
• 1920 Gretsch Style 1 Soprano Ukulele
• 1935 Martin 0-21T Tenor Guitar
• Vega-Fairbanks #4 Five-String Banjo
• 1915 Gibson Style O Guitar
• 1939 Epiphone Zephyr Electric Mandolin
• 1996 Gibson A-5 Custom
• 1940 Kay Mandolin-Banjo