Zeta Mandolins •
Strings and Beyond •
Morgan Music •
Elderly Instruments •
Mass Street Music •
Eastman • Collings • Peghead Nation • The Music Emporium • Mandolin World Headquarters • JustStrings.com • Weber
This Paramount Artcraft Tenor Banjo represents the ultimate of the luthier’s art and craft during the Golden Age of instrument manufacturing. Eschewing the usual abalone shell and mother-of-pearl inlay utilized for aesthetic embellishments, Paramount designed this gorgeously decorated instrument with wood inlays and marquetry, using intricate designs that were the epitome of the woodworker’s art.
The fretboard is the one place on the banjo where Paramount retained their pattern of abalone shell and mother-of-pearl fret markers with their traditional patterns of inlay. Starting at the peg head, we see multi-hued wood inlays in the shape of flowers.The rosewood resonator offers a myriad of eye-enticing wood work featuring a vase overflowing with flowers and leaves. The vase is encircled in a wreath containing leaves and vines. A double band of marquetry decorates the side.
The metal parts are gold plated and include the original Paramount locking tail piece and the unique plunger style mute near the end of the fret board.
This extremely rare instrument is in excellent condition with a few marks and scratches that one would expect from a 90-year old banjo. The original Page tuning gears are present, although one has been replaced with a nickel plated version while the other three are gold.
$4,350.00 with original zippered, “red blanket” case included. stk#VGB5003
Additional photos upon request.
Ad Number 152995
Posted: Apr 3, 2020 12:28 PM CDT
Port Townsend Wa. 98368
Tools for the Ad Owner
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 692
Prior replies by this individual: 33
Other recent ads placed
• 1920s Regina Octave Mandolin Banjo
• 1964 Framus Model 6/41 Mandolin
• 1932 Kel Kroyden KK20 Mandolin
• 1932 Dobro Tenortrope Tenor Resonator
• 1920 Epiphone Model D Mandolin Banjo
• 1939 A. Rogers Model C Mandolin
• 1922 Bacon FF Professional Mandolin Banjo
• 1920 Ciani Galiano Bowl Back Mandolin
• 1938 D’Angelico A Mandolin
• 1920 Gretsch Style 1 Soprano Ukulele
• 1922 Favilla Deluxe Tenor Banjo
• 1935 Martin 0-21T Tenor Guitar
• Vega-Fairbanks #4 Five-String Banjo
• 1915 Gibson Style O Guitar
• 1939 Epiphone Zephyr Electric Mandolin