Zeta Mandolins •
Strings and Beyond •
Morgan Music •
Elderly Instruments •
Mass Street Music •
Eastman • Collings • Peghead Nation • The Music Emporium • Mandolin World Headquarters • JustStrings.com • Weber
Charles Stromberg and his sons created instruments much favored by jazz players of the day and are known for their high quality craftsmanship, beautiful tone as well as their historical significance in the pantheon of arch-top guitars.
This example, a model G-100, with a 16 1/2” lower bout, was made in the late 1930s, shortly before the transition to the 17” models which dominated the 1940s.
The model G-100 has the “double tone bar bracing pattern developed by Charles’ youngest son Elmer who of all the Stromberg family, is recognized as the premier builder.
This instrument has a fine grained, pressed spruce top with maple laminated back & sides. Nevertheless, the tone is outstanding �" full bodied, an exceedingly rich combination of tight, strong bass and sparkling treble response. The unique engraved peg head features the delicate Stromberg signature, surrounded by several smaller decorations and the banner which proclaims “G100”. The fretboard is bound with a single strand of ivoroid with a stylistic point at the end, and large block mother of pearl inlays in the style of other deluxe archtops such as the Gibson L-5 and high-end Epiphone models. All hardware on this example appears original including the Grover “sta-tite” tuners. This instrument was completely re-finished with several repaired top cracks, all professionally done long ago. As such it is a player's instrument and priced accordingly.
$4,750.00 with original hard case stk#VGG6002
Additional photos available upon request.
Ad Number 152864
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 11:49 AM CDT
Port Angeles Wa. 98368
Tools for the Ad Owner
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 691
Prior replies by this individual: 33
Other recent ads placed
• 1964 Framus Model 6/41 Mandolin
• 1932 Kel Kroyden KK20 Mandolin
• 1932 Dobro Tenortrope Tenor Resonator
• 1920 Epiphone Model D Mandolin Banjo
• 1939 A. Rogers Model C Mandolin
• 1922 Bacon FF Professional Mandolin Banjo
• 1920 Ciani Galiano Bowl Back Mandolin
• 1938 D’Angelico A Mandolin
• 1920 Gretsch Style 1 Soprano Ukulele
• 1922 Favilla Deluxe Tenor Banjo
• 1935 Martin 0-21T Tenor Guitar
• Vega-Fairbanks #4 Five-String Banjo
• 1915 Gibson Style O Guitar
• 1939 Epiphone Zephyr Electric Mandolin
• 1996 Gibson A-5 Custom