Zeta Mandolins •
Strings and Beyond •
Morgan Music •
Elderly Instruments •
Mass Street Music •
Eastman • Collings • Peghead Nation • The Music Emporium • Mandolin World Headquarters • JustStrings.com • Weber
This mahogany banjo was designed to look and sound like the old 1933 RB-3 banjos with all of the treasured dynamics that players desire. This is a copy of the RB-3 that was used on The Old Home Place in 1975.
In tying to recreate these old treasures, we replicated the hand made inlays to capture even the imperfections of that time period. These old inlays were without perfect symmetry and it captured the real hands on look. Today we use CNC to cut our inlays, but the patterns were straight from the past. With that basic exception, everything else is hand made by Warren Yates.
These banjos have the ability to sound far bigger than their physical measurements dictate. They are cannons with tone to spare, and dry, meaning no unwanted overtones to cancel sound. These banjos cut through the fog and carry sound over great distances in their own range as not to step on the other instruments in the band. You "CAN" have that $100,000 sound at a fraction of the cost.
The Lil' Banger banjo has a very strong aggressive attack.
Thermal Aged Fat Rim and Resonator
Yates Prewar No Hole Hole Tone Ring
All parts distressed to look and feel old
Hard Shell Case
Yates Style Truss Rod Cover
Contact Bob or Alvin at Morgan Music for additional information.
Ad Number 150521
Posted: Feb 8, 2020 08:54 AM CDT
689 North Washington
Lebanon MO 65536
Tools for the Ad Owner
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 1396
Prior replies by this individual: 1
Other recent ads placed
• The Loar Grassroots LM-370-VSm F-Style Mandolin
• Eastman MD515/V Mandolin
• 1962 Martin D-28 w/ Original Case
• Used Gibson A-12 Mandolin
• Used Gold Star GF-100JD Bluegrass Album Banjo
• Used Cm-3 Huber Workhorse Banjo
• Hinde A- Style Mandolin - Made In The USA
• Collings MF5 Custom Flowerpot Mandolin With Hard Case
• The Loar LM-500 F-Style Mandolin
• Eastman MD315 F Style Mandolin
• 2003 Collings MF5 F-Style Mandolin
• Hayes F-Style Mandolin
• 2000 Gibson F5L Fern - Signed By Sim Daley
• Northfield F5S F-Style Mandolin
• A. Lawrence Smart Mandolin