Strings and Beyond •
Morgan Music •
Elderly Instruments •
Mass Street Music •
Collings • Peghead Nation • The Music Emporium • Mandolin World Headquarters • JustStrings.com • Weber
Wonderful openback banjo that is mostly all original hardware and an original 5-string neck.
Serial number 78098 • Mahogany
10 15/16″ pot
This is a fairly rare banjo to have been made this late in the 1920’s. Mostly all original parts.
Appears to be original frets and original 5th string pip. Original 5 friction tuners work fine.
Set-up with a newer hide head and bridge.
The neck is very nice and not bowed.
Some polite cracking in the dyed pearwood fingerboard and heelcap.
This is a fine banjo that is a piece of history and also a great sounding instrument.
Comes with a hard shell case.
Ad Number 149468
Posted: Jan 13, 2020 02:17 PM CDT
Greg Boyd's House of Fine Instruments
311 Knowles Street
Missoula Montana 59801
Tools for the Ad Owner
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 448
Prior replies by this individual: 9
Other recent ads placed
• C.1895 S.S. Stewart Universal Favorite Banjo
• Slingerland Tenor Banjo
• Used Bishline Danny Barnes Lightweight Banjo
• New Redtail Cherry Dobson Banjo
• 1917 Gibson F-4 Mandolin
• 1936 Martin D-18 Guitar - On Sale
• Orpheum #1 5-String Banjo
• Recent Prucha Style 6 Banjo
• Don Dryer A Model Mandolin #12
• 1917 Gibson F-4 Mandolin #35353
• 1991 Givens A-3 Mandolin #595
• New Ome Tupelo Banjo - 12" Pot
• New Blues Hardware A Model Mandola
• 1930 Gibson Flathead Style 3 Conversion Banjo - Reduced
• C.1932 Gibson Kalamazoo Krb Banjo