Strings and Beyond •
Morgan Music •
Elderly Instruments •
Mass Street Music •
Collings • The Music Emporium • The Acoustic Music Company • Mandolin World Headquarters • JustStrings.com • Weber
Now on sale at $2,650.00
Very good traditionally styled A-model mandolin from Bob Brook.
VG (+) condition. 1 3/32″ width at nut, just a hair narrower than 1 1/8″ with a full U profile. Bob Brook is known in the Northwest as a good guitar and mandolin builder, who lived at various times in Missoula, Montana and Sandpoint, Idaho area, where he hobnobbed and worked with many of the celebrated luthiers from that area during the 1970s and 1980s. Mr. Brook was a contemporary with Bob Givens, Nick Kukich (Franklin Guitars), and Steven Andersen, Mike Dulak, and others. Nice Engelmann Spruce top. Very nice maple back, sides, and neck. Two-piece neck with ebony stringer and ebony heelcap. Ebony peghead overlay, flat fingerboard, bridge, and endpin. Top and back are bound with single ivoroid binding. Very nice and unique single mother of pearl flower inlay in peghead, with RNBrook logo inlaid. 4-on-a-plate Kluson tuners with antiqu’ed ivoroid buttons. Nickel tailpiece. Repaired crack from top of bass F-hole to binding. Smaller crack repaired at opposite end of same F-hole (harder to see). A 4-inch back crack was also repaired in the maple near the widest bout on the bass side.
Woody, strong sound, that comes alive with bold chop and robust single notes.
Comes with HC.
Sound sample on our web site.
Ad Number 135908
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 11:42 AM CDT
Greg Boyd's House of Fine Instruments
311 Knowles Street
Missoula Montana 59801
Tools for the Ad Owner
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 271
Prior replies by this individual: 9
Other recent ads placed
• Circa 1930 Martin Soprano Ukulele
• 1957 Gibson J-45 Guitar - Sale
• New Ome Jubilee 12" Open-Back Banjo #7050
• Irish Creek Mandolin
• Apitius Grand Artist F Model Mandolin
• Pono Octave Mandolin Mnd-20H
• 1996 "Givens Legacy" A-6 Mandolin By Steve Weill
• Old Wave C# Two-Point Oval Hole Mandolin - Sale
• Don Dryer A Model Mandolin #12
• Collings MF5 Deluxe Varnish Mandolin
• New Blues Hardware B Mandolin
• 1994 Gilchrist Model-5 Tone-Bar Braced F Mandolin - Reduced
• 1935 Martin 000-28 Guitar
• New Don Dryer Mandolin A-5 No. 11
• 1922 Vega Tubaphone 5-String Banjo
• 2006 Will Kimble F-5 Mandolin "Butch Baldassari" #2 Of 5
• 1938 Gibson J-35 Guitar w/ Hc
• C. 1970's R.L. Givens Kit Mandolin (A-3)