Strings and Beyond •
Morgan Music •
Elderly Instruments •
The Mandolin Store •
Collings • The Music Emporium • The Acoustic Music Company • Mandolin World Headquarters • JustStrings.com • Weber
Beautiful with lovely tone, Collings top mandolin, the MF5 Deluxe varnish.
SN: 433. 1 1/8″ width at nut.
Perfect traditional sunburst. Adirondack red spruce top with wide-grain spacing around F-holes, tighter at center seam. 2-pc. book-matched back with interesting flame figure. Highly figured maple back, sides and neck. Neck has rounded “v” profile. Multiple ivoroid binding throughout, with black lines showing on face, and side of peghead, along sides of fingerboard, sides of mandolin, and top and back of mandolin. Matching Ebony pickguard has multiple ivoroid bindings. Ebony peghead veneer has Collings logo at top, and elaborate inlay that has unique engraving pattern. On every MF-5 Deluxe, the engraving on peghead inlay, and on tailpiece is unique to each instrument. Ebony fingerboard is radiused with graduated dot inlay. Ebony 2-pc. adjustable bridge. Gold hardware including one-pc. cast engraved tailpiece, and Waverly tuners with solid pearl buttons.
Very slight signs of prior ownership, with one lacquer chip at the rear of the peghead peak. Very light button scratches on the side of the back. Slightest amount of fret wear.
The tone is perfectly balanced with a beautiful attack, big voice that projects well. No harshness, the tone is all beauty and depth. Comes with shaped hard case.
Note: These top F mandolins from Collings are always considered by our staff and our customers to be among the very best we have… Even when shown alongside Nugget, Gilchrist, Givens, Ellis, Heiden, Dudenbostle, etc.
Ad Number 125657
Posted: Jun 14, 2018 10:20 AM CDT
Greg Boyd's House of Fine Instruments
311 Knowles Street
Missoula Montana 59801
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 94
Prior replies by this individual: 9
Other recent ads placed:
• Custom Mastertone Style Mahogany Banjo - Wreath Inlays
• 1957 Martin 0-18 - Adirondack Top
• 1924 Gibson A-4 Snakehead
• 2014 A.L. Smart F-5 Mandolin
• Custom Mastertone-Style Mahogany Banjo - Hearts & Flowers
• 1922 Vega Style M Tubaphone 5-String Banjo - Sale
• Rickard Dobson 11" Open-Back Banjo
• C. 1980 Bob Brook A Mandolin - Sale
• New Ruhland F-5 Tone Bar Mandolin No. 23
• Circa 1914 Orpheum No. 1 Guitar Banjo
• Capek "Old Era" Burled Walnut 5-String Resonator Banjo
• 1996 "Givens Legacy" A-6 Mandolin By Steve Weill
• 1988 Flatiron A-5 Mandolin
• Custom Mastertone Style Maple Banjo - Flying Eagle Inlays
• 1979 R.L. Givens F-5 Mandolin - Sale
• Mid-1930's Gibson Kel Kroydon KK-11 Dbl Conversion Banjo
• 1942 Gibson A-50 Mandolin
• 1994 Gilchrist Model-5 Tone-Bar Braced F Mandolin