Strings and Beyond •
Morgan Music •
Elderly Instruments •
The Mandolin Store •
Collings • The Music Emporium • The Acoustic Music Company • Mandolin World Headquarters • JustStrings.com • Weber
Mahogany banjo with 40-hole archtop tone ring. Greg says "Great banjo for the money!"
Exc. Condition. Serial Number 800112.
Mahogany resonator with multiple cream bindings and concentric circles in back. 40-hole archtop tone ring with tube and plate 2-piece flange. Fiddle cut peghead with Gold Star logo inlaid at top and Hearts and Flowers inlay in face. Hearts and Flowers inlay in flat ebony fingerboard. Blank “Mastertone” pearl block at 21st fret. Frets show moderate wear and slight wear of fingerboard between frets. There is no buzzing, no problems with the fretwear. All original nickel hardware except for 2-4 original 7mm nuts replaced with 1/4″.
This banjo has a recent new 5-Star head mounted and new bridge. Recent professional setup. It sounds deep and throaty with a nice thump. In this price range, this is an excellent banjo. Greg says “Great banjo for the money!” Railroad Spikes installed at A, Bb, B, C positions for capo’ing 5th string.
Great sound and playability.
Sound clip on our web site.
Ad Number 122136
Posted: Mar 14, 2018 11:16 AM CDT
Greg Boyd's House of Fine Instruments
311 Knowles Street
Missoula Montana 59801
Ad Owner History
Prior ads by this individual: 501
This individual has never replied to an ad using this email address.
Other recent ads placed:
• 1905 Gibson A Mandolin
• New Weber Yellowstone A Mandolin
• 1994 Gilchrist Model-5 Tone-Bar Braced F Mandolin
• 2016 Nechville Custom 5-String Resonator Banjo
• Ellis F-5 Mandolin
• 2003 Prucha Fall-In-Love Custom Maple
• 1999 Prucha F-5
• 1981 Nugget F Mandolin Sn 59
• New Blues Hardware A-Style Mandola
• New Blues Hardware Oval Hole B Mandolin
• 2010 Weber Bitterroot F Custom Mandolin - Sale
• 1942 Gibson A-50 Mandolin - Sale
• 2014 Prucha Spirit "Brandon Green" Banjo
• 2004 Prucha Legend Cherry Banjo - $3,750.00
• New Blues Hardware B-Model Mandolin
• C. 1975 Great Lakes 11" Open-Back Banjo
• Mid-1930s Gibson Kel Kroydon KK-11 Dbl Conversion Banjo
• 1981 RL Givens A-5 Mandolin