2007 LoarFest Panel Discussion
On February 1, 2007, LoarFest West was held in Bakersfield, California as part of the SuperGrass bluegrass weekend, sponsored by the California Bluegrass Association.
This year's panel discussion focused on the work of some of the finest modern day luthiers and their experiences studying and then applying Loar principles to their own creations. The panel was moderated by Roger Siminoff.
Panel members included Mike Kemnitzer, John Monteleone, Steven Gilchrist, Lynn Dudenbostel and David Harvey. This 90-minute live discussion represents a true piece of mandolin history.
Download or listen to panel discussion in MP3 format below.
Windows Internet Explorer users may have to click twice to start audio!
- Download Part I, panel discussion (30MB) or listen:
- Download Part II, panel discussion (18MB) or listen:
Roger Siminoff's 2007 "Lore of the Loar" Presentation
Part of the LoarFest activities for the day included a fascinating presentation by Roger Siminoff on the life of Lloyd Loar. This 90-minute audio/video presentation included a PowerPoint presentation filled with remarkable images and commentary. The audio portion of the presentation is presented here ©2007, Roger H. Siminoff, Arroyo Grande CA, USA.
Download or listen to Roger Siminoff's presentation in MP3 format:
- Download Part I (8MB) or listen:
- Download Part II (9MB) or listen:
- Download Part III (8MB) or listen:
- Download Part IV (5MB) or listen:
2006 LoarFest Panel Discussion
On February 2, 2006, LoarFest West was held in Bakersfield, California as part of the SuperGrass, sponsored by the California Bluegrass Association, Gibson Original Acoustic Instruments and Mandolin Cafe.
A 90-minute panel discussion on the legacy of Lloyd Loar was part of the day's activites. Panel participants included Roger Siminoff, Darryl Wolfe, Charlie Derrington (deceased), Dan Beimborn and Bruce Harvie, with panel moderation by Scott Tichenor. The discussion in its entirety is presented here for your enjoyment.
Download or listen to panel discussion in MP3 format:
- Opening comments (15MB)
- Introduction of panel members (10MB)
- Panel discussion opening question (7MB)
- Panel discussion continued (8MB)
- Panel discussion continued (22MB)
- Panel discussion continued (27MB)
- Panel discussion continued (7MB)
- Audience questions (12MB)
If your web browser has Flash installed, you can listen to the opening question and response right here: