Thread: Andy Statman - Superstring Theory

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default Andy Statman - Superstring Theory

The Mandolin Cafe has posted the following news release:
    Andy Statman - Superstring Theory

, being released October 22 on Shefa Records.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply.
    Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Default Re: Andy Statman - Superstring Theory

This album is really great!

How awesome is this?

This is the type of musical ensemble who (will) make music that is unquestioningly new.

Great!

Aaron, have you heard Old Brooklyn? This one, I would say is a bit more bluesy. Although, it's still a melting pot of bluegrass, jazz, americana, klezmer and probably genra not yet been defined. Tim and Michael surely also mark the songs by their original contribution. Favorites so far Are; Mando at the flambo, Pale ale hop, Waltz for Ari and For Barbera. But hey, the are all good! Get this one folks!

Blog Entries

I would by a recording of Andy Statman, Tim O'Brien, and Michael Cleveland just standing in a room together. This is going to be awesome.
    A talent for trivializin' the momentous and complicatin' the obvious.

The entire staff
    funny....

Yes - Old Brooklyn is fantastic.

One of the highlights of Ipod shuffle is opening track of OB. Such insanity that I become quite mad (crazy mad, not mad mad).

I have a live disc that was slipped to me when seeing Andy live in Manhattan. It further demonstrates that music can be alive. Andy does not play the same song the same way... ever

Like your comment Jeffd😉. My dream is also to see Andy and his trio live someday. Someone should Get them to Europe!

Great album! I love Tim, but I just think that John McLaughlin needs to be playing guitar.

What a fantastic album! Saw Andy last night at the Arden Gild Hall here in Delaware-- intimate show -- maybe 80 or so present. He played a number of songs off of the new album - highlighted by Song for Barabara and Surfin Silowitz which is a real rocker.

Second time seeing him and he's truly remarkable.