Thread: First Time Together! David Grisman, Martin Taylor & Frank Vignola

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default First Time Together! David Grisman, Martin Taylor & Frank Vignola

The Mandolin Cafe has posted the following news release:
    First Time Together! David Grisman, Martin Taylor & Frank Vignola

For the first time ever, guitar titans Martin Taylor and Frank Vignola got together in Dawg Studios with mandolinist, producer and old friend David Grisman and bassist Samson Grisman to play some music and have a good old time.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply.
    Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Blog Entries

Default Re: First Time Together! David Grisman, Martin Taylor & Frank Vig

I've heard this entire recording and it's a 10 in my book. Terrific playing all around. Man, Sam Grisman is a real cat on bass. Look out!

Highly recommended for string jazz lovers.

This should be wonderful. Martin Taylor is pure genius - as anyone who toured for years with Stephane Grappelli would have to be. I saw him play live at a concert venue in Scotland a few years ago. One man, one guitar - and an entire audience eating out of his hands. Superb guitarist.

Anyone unfamiliar with his work might want to look up his Spirit of Django CD. I really look forward to hearing him playing with Grisman & Co.

ron

Is there a way to tell Martin Taylor from Frank Vignola? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I can tell Grisman because he plays mandolin but I wonder who I'm hearing when it's a guitar solo. Any ideas on how they organize their rounds? Both Taylor and Vignola are so versatile, I don't know who's who.