Thread: Ozark Folk Festival Mountain View, Arkansas

Default Ozark Folk Festival Mountain View, Arkansas

April 20 -22 is the "official" date for the festival. I have not been in many years but now that I am a mandolin player (ok, for now just a mandolin "practicer") I intend to be there. I understand that there are many satellite activities occurring the week before, in particular, jams and concerts on the square in Mountain View.

Does anyone know the details? Like which day the fun begins, or other details of these "unofficial" activities?

Is anybody from Mandolin Cafe going to be there (I know woodwizard is planning on it!)?
    Grady F5 (#65)
    Harmony A Model ("The Scorcher")

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. I WILL learn to play this thing !(adapted from Coolidge)

Default Re: Ozark Folk Festival Mountain View, Arkansas

I don't know about down town, but the Folk Center will have free admission from 1-5 all three days of the festival. I will be demonstrating all three days in the craft grounds.

Jamming all three days around the square and at camping areas.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnee creek View Post
    I don't know about down town, but the Folk Center will have free admission from 1-5 all three days of the festival. I will be demonstrating all three days in the craft grounds.
    I will bring my family and look you up.
    Grady F5 (#65)
    Harmony A Model ("The Scorcher")

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. I WILL learn to play this thing !(adapted from Coolidge)