Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mandolin humidifier

Default Re: Mandolin humidifier

I'm still interested in the idea of a humidified display case too, but the price of an appropriate humidifier unit for a cabinet-size area seems to be out of proportion. As Robert said, room humidifiers are fairly inexpensive. I was just looking at a portable stand-alone humidifier unit a few days ago in my local hardware store that is sized for my entire house (up to 1900 square feet) that was only $104. And by humidifying the entire house, I get the added benefit of keeping my piano and antique furniture at the same comfortable level as my mandolins. Not to mention, my mandolins will enjoy the same humidity when they're being played as when they're put away. And last but not least, I won't have to suffer through dry nose syndrome in the winter. This really does seem like the way to go. Everything and everyone in the house benefits, and the cost seems reasonable with no special construction required.

A display case is still a good idea, even if the whole room or house is humidified. If nothing else, it keeps 'em safe from getting knocked over or whacked by clumsy people, and helps keep them from getting dusty.

Default Re: Mandolin humidifier

Quote Originally Posted by Folkmusician.com View Post
    I use two mandolin humidifiers. One at the shop and one at home. Both are large (relatively inexpensive) household humidifiers and these are really the way to go.
    Robert, what model? I have a couple of household humidifiers, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for.