Thread: Where can I find a nice, but cheap, tenor guitar?

Default Where can I find a nice, but cheap, tenor guitar?

While saving up for a mandolin, I want something new to mess around with to pass the time, and I have found myself always admiring the cheap Kay archtop tenors I see every so often. Of course, now that I look to buy one, they all jumped up into the the hundreds.
    Anyways, I am looking for a playable-decent, but inexpensive (under $100) archtop tenor. I have seen some Kays in that range, and heard one being played, and it sounded good. Are there any others I could look into? Nothing fancy. Thank you in advance.

Chicago - most lately but - home is in Northern Arkansas.

Default Re: Where can I find a nice, but cheap, tenor guitar?

This type of guitar has become fairly desirable lately and while there are a lot of them floating around, you have to keep on looking. Besides eBay there are often one or two listed here in the Cafe' classified, as guitar or miscellaneous. I've also found a few in various pawn shops or at used musical instrument dealers, some in fairly remote areas.

Good luck - they're out there ...
    Mandola fever is permanent.

3. The following members say thank you to Dolamon for this post:

Default Re: Where can I find a nice, but cheap, tenor guitar?

There's not a lot under $100, but I have a Gold Tone low end plywood tenor guitar that is playable. It was $150 used from Bernunzio's. Expect to spend more for an archtop unless you are very lucky or want to do a neck reset on and old Kay...

5. The following members say thank you to Marty Jacobson for this post: